Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Silver Graphite
LSD
Cold Air Intake (pics coming - brilliantly put together with thought behind it)
XM Radio
Lojack (Highest Level, including early warning recovery system....Insurance went down 35% and is lower than previous car)
Garmin Navigation System
20" Chrome Foose Wheels, that I didn't want at first but the sizing and back-spacing are perfect and go well on the car (didn't like it when I saw it on the blue one previously, but definitely looked 100% better on the Silver Graphite)

I am so thrilled with the car. Despite the tracking crisis that seems to be taking place, my dealer and I came to one conclusion, and that was I had to have my car. With some compromising and wheeling and dealing at the credit union this morning (I got a great financing deal), I was walked to the car by almost the ENTIRE staff at Saturn, including the finance girl, a porter, several sales people, the GM and even some onlookers, I received a "bon jour" of a lifetime from the General Manager. He stood there and told all of the staff that it was people like me that remind him why he does what he does, because he knew that since last August, I really wanted this car.....bad. I almost started to cry, I was fanning my face!!!! With deep and genuine sincerity he said (true) kind words about how it's refreshing to see people so passionate about a car, that he was proud to help me get it. Anyway, I know that's mushy and all, but it's true. Since I've been home, I received 2 calls from the dealership asking if I will still love them and "where the hell am I, are they chopped liver now" or something of that nature. I called back extremely ecstatic, and told them that between the lack of sleep, anxiety trying to get thing financed at the bank, eating a bad dinner and all that other good stuff, I am pretty much in for the night. I'm gonna go downstairs in a little while (It's 8:33pm now) and mess around with the XM and push buttons and stuff, and also let the navigation tell me how to get to some funky places..... just for kicks, and of course, take a picture of the intake, because I haven't heard too many people talking about it. Does anyone have a SKY with an intake? Wait til you see it - it's fabulous. And the sound with the intake is very "I own the road". It's been good so far, I look forward to a drive tomorrow.
Thank you EVERYONE for putting up with my, well... me! I do feel loved.
Enjoy the pics and let me know your thoughts. As of now - 0 complaints

Attachments

·
Registered
669 Posts
:cheers: Finally!!! Glad to see you behind that wheel! Enjoy!

·
Registered
275 Posts
WOW! Way to go Angelqute1! Absolutely gorgeous car and I am so happy for you! I cannot imagine how you must feel right now! Congratulations, you deserve all the joy you are experiencing! You have been so patient and encouraging this entire time, it's so great to see you've finally gotten your SKY! Happy :driving:

·
Registered
389 Posts
All right!:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's been so wonderful to be such a big part of this organization (this forum). You all have helped me (and eachother) through this whole process. The passion I have for the car has a piece of all of you in it.... really and truly.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Those wheels are WAY bling. They are gonna set off bling-bling detectors for miles! :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Great color! I really like the silver graphite!! Congrats!!

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: HOLY CRAP!!!! Finally!!! CONGRATZ!!! Looking forward to some regular size pics!!! :thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Registered
802 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
It's been so wonderful to be such a big part of this organization (this forum). You all have helped me (and eachother) through this whole process. The passion I have for the car has a piece of all of you in it.... really and truly.
From what I have seen on this forum everyone has been holding their breath for you (including myself). We can finally exhale. It does feel good to know someone else is feeling good also..Congratulations..n' hip hip!
I've had mine 2 days now and I still have to go out in the garage and give her (yes, her) a big hug now and then. We picked up thursday about 9:30 pm and my wife (who say's she doesn't like convertibles) said, "why go straight home, why don't we cruise the beach cities?". That is what we did, top down and all. Of course it rained the next day so it was top up again.. I'd love to see those Foose wheels up close, I got aftermarket but not Foose (he has a great eye for style). I know yours are prettier but here are mine.
p.s. Bigger wheels meant new tires...so I stayed with 18".

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
Garmin Navigation System

Our choice of exterior color, too. Looks fabulous. :thumbs: Can't wait for ours to be built and home where it belongs. Just one question - how/where did you fit the Garmin?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SkyHope said:
Our choice of exterior color, too. Looks fabulous. :thumbs: Can't wait for ours to be built and home where it belongs. Just one question - how/where did you fit the Garmin?
THe Garmin Navigation system is on the front window on the left bottom corner, however, it sits up just left of the steering wheel. it's perfect for me because I am left-handed. I know the automatic that's at the dealership (Black) had it in the middle. I used it on the way home and I named her Janet, cuz she sounds like a regular gal. I named the car Roscoe, even though it should be a female name, because the dealership is on Roscoe and it has a good ring to it.

I did like using the Garmin though. I look forward to using it soon.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As Promised

Here are a couple pictures of the intake and a pic of a rear driver's side Foose wheel.... enjoy

Attachments

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Congratulations, Rachel! I'm so happy for you!

I think I figured out that the way to actually get the car is to start out patient and reassuring on the forum, then get increasingly frustrated, then finally snap and have everyone else calm you down. Worked for Ernset, worked for you...

That said, I've had it! I can't stand it any more! I'm almost at seven weeks since my image went in and the car hasn't been built! 3/31 TPW? Hah! They laugh at my silly desires! It was 70 degrees and perfect outside today, but did I have a freaking convertible? No! Did I stop into a Toyota dealer today to test drive a Solara? Absolutely!

Know why I couldn't? The salespeople were all too busy and after waiting 5 minutes with the receptionist, I got too frustrated and left. If they treated people as well as the Saturn dealer does, I likely would've coughed up the extra three grand and bought a blander but far more useful car! Build my car already, Saturn! If there aren't any wheels, put it on the regular ones and let my dealer swap them out. They've offered! Hell- put the GD thing on blocks for all I care! Just get it here!

Uh, anyway- nice car, Angel! I love it and wish you the best with it. The color makes me all tingly inside, and those wheels are really sweet! Can't wait till Roscoe's less pimped twin arrives!

·
Registered
185 Posts
reedred said:
Congratulations, Rachel! I'm so happy for you!

I think I figured out that the way to actually get the car is to start out patient and reassuring on the forum, then get increasingly frustrated, then finally snap and have everyone else calm you down. Worked for Ernset, worked for you...

That said, I've had it! I can't stand it any more! I'm almost at seven weeks since my image went in and the car hasn't been built! 3/31 TPW? Hah! They laugh at my silly desires! It was 70 degrees and perfect outside today, but did I have a freaking convertible? No! Did I stop into a Toyota dealer today to test drive a Solara? Absolutely!

Know why I couldn't? The salespeople were all too busy and after waiting 5 minutes with the receptionist, I got too frustrated and left. If they treated people as well as the Saturn dealer does, I likely would've coughed up the extra three grand and bought a blander but far more useful car! Build my car already, Saturn! If there aren't any wheels, put it on the regular ones and let my dealer swap them out. They've offered! Hell- put the GD thing on blocks for all I care! Just get it here!

Uh, anyway- nice car, Angel! I love it and wish you the best with it. The color makes me all tingly inside, and those wheels are really sweet! Can't wait till Roscoe's less pimped twin arrives!

great news, glad to see you finally got it, If I ever get the chance to put my money down, I'm changing to the Silver Graphite color. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Yayyyyy!!! Congrats to you and many happy miles of smiles! :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Congrats.. really like those wheels!!!!!!:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts