Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I stole the pictures from a different site, but I thought it was worth the posting! Cost is about $1500, but I really like the look!

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
love the look I have a set of these on my 95 honda delsol, the kit is from vdi

·
Registered
52 Posts
Not to harp, but those are not gullwing doors. Gullwing doors are attached at the top and open up like wings ^CAR^

Those are vertical or 'lambo' doors.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Lambo doors

I thought Gull-wing was liek the Delorean - or this: http://www.cardoorconversion.com/index.html?lang=en-us&target=d7.html

The VDI product is generally called Lambo doors - or Butterfly doors

I suppose suicide doors don't really make sense on a Sky - http://www.cardoorconversion.com/index.html?lang=en-us&target=d2.html

I like the VDI doors - there is another thread around here about them - especially the part where ther eis no cutting or welding to be done.

The site I referenced above does not seem to indicate what makes and models their product fits.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gull-wing...or what ever it's called- i'm not up on the names of the doors either, but thanks for the correction to the lambo doors. Thanks!:)

·
Registered
42 Posts
They do look cool but I wonder how well they close & seal and how long they will last before they becomes misaligned. I would love to see the kit in person. I'm really curious but skeptical.:skep:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Hmmm.... the origional concept was sketched in Red and everything kool since has been done on a Red Sky. Very interesting.:lol:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Kustomkaps said:
OK, I stole the pictures from a different site, but I thought it was worth the posting! Cost is about $1500, but I really like the look!
I don't like these but I do like the type that were on the Bricklin if you have a hard top car.i don't remebmer what they were called. Mercedes is coming out with the Bricklin doors on a 2009 model I believe. But the car cost around 140,000.00 it's suppose to be a 2 seater. But a nice looking car for people that have money to burn.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Siouxsie said:
Not to harp, but those are not gullwing doors. Gullwing doors are attached at the top and open up like wings ^CAR^

Those are vertical or 'lambo' doors.
I've made the same mistake in the past.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Lambo doors

Did someone see these doors personally?

What about the function with the top up?

Do you have to crank the windows down (a bit) before opening/closing?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts