Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I just got back from my trip to Denver, and as was promised to me by the sales manager handling the Sky orders at my dealership, my car was to be ordered during last weeks allocation. Now with the RL zero constraints, by my math, it should be ordered now. But wait, I called today, and was told they guy ordering the Sky's no longer works there.

So on my day off today, I ran some errands, and called the dealer. Sales manager #2, now #1 until they hire the new person from another dealer tells me priority listing is being maitained, but the orders are currently being handled somewhere else? What the hell does that mean?

Ohh, and I was expecting his return call within the hour he promised, but it's now several hours since, and no response. So I called again, and now he isn't available.

Sounds like my $500 deposit is going to sit there a little longer. I hope my allocation wasn't stolen by another dealer who is taking care of my dealership's orders. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well,

My impatience was uncalled for. Looks like things are good and the "special order" guy for the local dealerships is picking up the slack and making the moves and keeping me posted on the updates. 2 in front of me are RL and 2 aren't. So it looks like 2 or three or perhaps 4-5 allocations (if the RL constraints are lifted) out an mine will be ordered. For the 29 people who read this before my update, no I wasn't really that pissed off, just hopeful that returning from one of the best 4 day vacations I've ever had would end on a really high note.

Nice to know they are still on the ball though. Redundancy is a good thing. Redundancy is a good thing.

·
Registered
414 Posts
So, I just got back from my trip to Denver, and as was promised to me by the sales manager handling the Sky orders at my dealership, my car was to be ordered during last weeks allocation. Now with the RL zero constraints, by my math, it should be ordered now. But wait, I called today, and was told they guy ordering the Sky's no longer works there.

So on my day off today, I ran some errands, and called the dealer. Sales manager #2, now #1 until they hire the new person from another dealer tells me priority listing is being maitained, but the orders are currently being handled somewhere else? What the hell does that mean?

Ohh, and I was expecting his return call within the hour he promised, but it's now several hours since, and no response. So I called again, and now he isn't available.

Sounds like my $500 deposit is going to sit there a little longer. I hope my allocation wasn't stolen by another dealer who is taking care of my dealership's orders. What do you guys think?

My Sky order is supposedly being handled by someone at the Cadillac dealer. This dealer being approx. 250 miles away I can't get any info or e-mail answers. The last word from them early last month was "your order is in the system.....and is just that, an order. I called the sales mgr. last week at Saturn dealer, he says that he doesn't know anything, "I get all my information from Mr.**** at Cadillac, and he's out for the week". Oh brother:banghead:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Sales manager #2, now #1 until they hire the new person from another dealer tells me priority listing is being maitained, but the orders are currently being handled somewhere else? What the hell does that mean?
It happens. Here in Indy, all 3 Saturn dealerships are owned by the local Cadilac(sp?) franchise. One person places the Sky orders for all 3 dealerships.

·
Registered
15 Posts
sorry to hear this PresPD... i bought my car from the same dealership you ordered and they were great to deal with. i'm guessing your allocation was stolen from the 1 of the other 5 Saturn dealership owned by the same owner. just hang in there... its worth the wait. i love my sky and the attention u get from it is more than u can imaging. hope you get your sky soon.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got a call from the dealer while I was in route to a business trip in Florida. Still have the silver graphite available that we turned down a few weeks ago. Also had/have a yellow similar to our model with the addition of lojack and an alarm system for $30,000. In my absence my wife balked (price above what we've allocated), and I'm still thinking about it. Maybe I'll just be content to wait for the green, and what seems to me now a Feb or March delivery. Sucks!!!!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts