Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, here we go ......

GXP price over the base Solstice 5,000.00
Thing's that are already standard in the Sky vs GXP
AC -960.00
Carpeted Floor mat's - 60.00

_________

3980.00

I had to adjust this figure, I figured it incorrecty the first time.

If you take the base Solstice and add in the option's that are standard in the Sky, you come up with 23,750.00 for the Solstice with the same option's.

Take your base Sky and add 3980.00 and this should be close to the Red Line price without any other option's.

But I did notice the Skys leather seat package are more than the Solstice. I think Skys 750.00 vs Solstice 690.00.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
deluke, when both cars are viewed side by side, the sky looks much more expensive, especialy the interior. I believe that it is GMs plan is to place Saturn upmarket of Pontiac with a distinctly European image that would'nt work for Pontiac. I hope that GM does'nt fall back into adding directly competing models in nearly every division. Thanks for the information.

HORNET
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
greenhornet said:
deluke, when both cars are viewed side by side, the sky looks much more expensive, especialy the interior. I believe that it is GMs plan is to place Saturn upmarket of Pontiac with a distinctly European image that would'nt work for Pontiac. I hope that GM does'nt fall back into adding directly competing models in nearly every division. Thanks for the information.

HORNET
See I don't see it that way. I don't think the Sky looks any more expensive then the Solstice. I actually think it's the opposite. But of course I have a Solstice and you have the Sky so it come's down to a matter of taste.

The Solstice has the look more like the old Jaguar XKE, I loved that car and still do, but it has the rounded style and so does the Solstice.

I've had people ask me if the Solstice is a 45,000.00 to 50,000.00 car. Your gonna get that question with both these car's. They are both beaudtiful car ! But I must say I prefer the Solstice.

Your welcome for the info, just trying to help you guy's price out your car's a little closer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
deluke said:
See I don't see it that way. I don't think the Sky looks any more expensive then the Solstice. I actually think it's the opposite. But of course I have a Solstice and you have the Sky so it come's down to a matter of taste.

The Solstice has the look more like the old Jaguar XKE, I loved that car and still do, but it has the rounded style and so does the Solstice.

I've had people ask me if the Solstice is a 45,000.00 to 50,000.00 car. Your gonna get that question with both these car's. They are both beaudtiful car ! But I must say I prefer the Solstice.
Definately a personal taste issue. I love the look of the Sky, I much prefer the aggressive look. However my husband is absolutely DEVASTED that I am not buyin a Sol. He just keeps on telling me how classy the Sol looks, that it looks more expensive, classic, etc. etc. And of course we all the know that underneath the looks they are almost identical. I say GO Kappa cars :thumbs:

Umm, when do you think the offical pricing will come out Deluke ?????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,417 Posts
I think the Redline Sky may be where the straight line between prices of the Sol and Sky may get severed. The draw and attention as well as the focus of the RedLine as a flagship sportscar for Saturn may grease the wheels to tack on a 1,000 or so more than the GXP markup. Because of that I think it will come in at just over 29k.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,381 Posts
ineedmorebotox said:
deluke said:
See I don't see it that way. I don't think the Sky looks any more expensive then the Solstice. I actually think it's the opposite. But of course I have a Solstice and you have the Sky so it come's down to a matter of taste.

The Solstice has the look more like the old Jaguar XKE, I loved that car and still do, but it has the rounded style and so does the Solstice.

I've had people ask me if the Solstice is a 45,000.00 to 50,000.00 car. Your gonna get that question with both these car's. They are both beaudtiful car ! But I must say I prefer the Solstice.
Definately a personal taste issue. I love the look of the Sky, I much prefer the aggressive look. However my husband is absolutely DEVASTED that I am not buyin a Sol. He just keeps on telling me how classy the Sol looks, that it looks more expensive, classic, etc. etc. And of course we all the know that underneath the looks they are almost identical. I say GO Kappa cars :thumbs:

Umm, when do you think the offical pricing will come out Deluke ?????
I agree like my post said, everyone's taste is different. They are both beautifu car's.


I would hope the Red Line's price isn't out that much later then the GXP. Maybe 1/2 week's from now would make sence to me, but it's GM , you know how that goes. They might wait untill they get a month and 1/2 of GXP's under there belt. But I hope they don't wait that long and I don't think they will. They said available in the fall so it sould be shortly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1994SC2 said:
I think the Redline Sky may be where the straight line between prices of the Sol and Sky may get severed. The draw and attention as well as the focus of the RedLine as a flagship sportscar for Saturn may grease the wheels to tack on a 1,000 or so more than the GXP markup. Because of that I think it will come in at just over 29k.

It will be right in line with the GXP with the same option's. I did the figuring in my post. Should come in around 2800.00 to 3,000.00 over base Sky.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,417 Posts
deluke said:
It will be right in line with the GXP with the same option's. I did the figuring in my post. Should come in around 2800.00 to 3,000.00 over base Sky.
If it was anyone else but you Deluke I'd say "How are you so sure?!" but if your saying it, I'd say were 99% of it being written in stone. Cheers!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts
I think the Red Line/GXP will have a similar MSRP with the same options just as the Sky and the Solstice do now. It would be stupid to add more for the Sky. Just because the Sky has more plastic chrome then the Solstice doesn't mean it looks that much more expensive.

The Solstice will be just as much a halo car for Pontiac as it is for Saturn. The GTO is dead and will be gone soon.

Internally GM wouldn't use different pricing structures for the same car and they do read the press that is written about their cars. Any automotive magazine would jump all over an extra $1,000 that was there "just because". I think GM thinks that people are more intelligent then really are, and I don't think GM would want to fool people by jacking the price up.

Remember the Sky is still a Saturn and even they are going a bit upscale, they will not be over priced.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,417 Posts
bradyb said:
I think the Red Line/GXP will have a similar MSRP with the same options just as the Sky and the Solstice do now. It would be stupid to add more for the Sky. Just because the Sky has more plastic chrome then the Solstice doesn't mean it looks that much more expensive.

The Solstice will be just as much a halo car for Pontiac as it is for Saturn. The GTO is dead and will be gone soon.

Internally GM wouldn't use different pricing structures for the same car and they do read the press that is written about their cars. Any automotive magazine would jump all over an extra $1,000 that was there "just because". I think GM thinks that people are more intelligent then really are, and I don't think GM would want to fool people by jacking the price up.

Remember the Sky is still a Saturn and even they are going a bit upscale, they will not be over priced.
Word. Good point.

Maybe its the nice round edges that the price 29,088 create that make it seem less threating than those jagged 7's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
1994SC2 said:
If it was anyone else but you Deluke I'd say "How are you so sure?!" but if your saying it, I'd say were 99% of it being written in stone. Cheers!
It came in higher a little than I expected, some of that can be just the price increase's that we had on the base Solstice
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top