Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
I haven't had time to get on line but on the 8th I was called by my dealer in Vancouver Canada to put in my order as I was number 3 on the list and they had been allocated 6 - 8 cars. Looking at the forum doesn't look like anyone else has been caledl. We went through the colours and options. The only thing we didn't discuss is price as he's not sure what each option will cost yet. He said 20 cars will be completed in Feb to be sent out to all the auto shows and my car should be at the dealer by the end of May. He said the dealers in Canada had to have their orders in by the 9th. I got a confirmation email stating the order had gone in for the car with the options I had choosen.
At this point I will be happy to see the car in July but I was excited to here they were taking orders :rolleyes: . Anyone else in Canada get the call? :confused:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sky Dealer Any info?

Sky Dealer have you heard anything about USA allocations or ordering?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I'm going in on thursday :cheers: :cool:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
My dealer and I are still at the pre-order stage. No news yet.

·
Registered
75 Posts
skybright said:
Hi everyone
I haven't had time to get on line but on the 8th I was called by my dealer in Vancouver Canada to put in my order as I was number 3 on the list and they had been allocated 6 - 8 cars. Looking at the forum doesn't look like anyone else has been caledl...... :confused:

Congrats on getting to order your SKY already.

I just received an email from my Saturn dealer which reads:

"As far as ordering the SKY the only thing we are waiting for are the images(I have been told January 3) which are the order ID numbers once we have an ID number we can sign into the order screen and place the order that's where we also select the interior/exterior color and the options. Every Monday we pull a report that shows the vehicles that we have available to order and the week they are scheduled to be built.

Our area Rep from SATURN has told us that each store should recieve one SKY probably early Febuary to use for display and test drives,we will be allocated somewhere between 20 to 25 of them.The only thing that I have been told about the MSRP is that they are trying to keep it at $24995."

I'll be looking forward to his call early January so I can place my order!! :willy:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
skybright said:
Sky Dealer have you heard anything about USA allocations or ordering?
The only official word is that for the first 6 months of allocation we can expect to get 2 per month (more if production allows) and then we will start getting more per month to fulfill the orders faster. :cool:

Just a note... No one can really ORDER a Sky yet, Some dealers are making sure they have on record what the buyer wants so that when the image becomes available they can place the actual order without delay. Some dealers have done this already so you won't hear of others "placing their order" since they have, in that sense done already!!! :cheers:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Sky Dealer said:
The only official word is that for the first 6 months of allocation we can expect to get 2 per month (more if production allows) and then we will start getting more per month to fulfill the orders faster. :cool:

Just a note... No one can really ORDER a Sky yet, Some dealers are making sure they have on record what the buyer wants so that when the image becomes available they can place the actual order without delay. Some dealers have done this already so you won't hear of others "placing their order" since they have, in that sense done already!!! :cheers:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:
this is all info my dealer has been telling me for several months, Seems like some of the newer posters think they have actually placed orders, I think it is just the dealers trying to make them think they have already made out orders when all they have done is like you said taken their preferences down so as soon as ordering starts you do not have to come in and your order will be placed in the order you are on their waiting list.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I will have to go with SD on this. My SD says early Jan is when they believe that they will be able to place actual orders. :cheers: All along they have speculated March 20th (Spring) as the debut and that is still possible. I do believe that they learned alot from the Sols debut and it should help the Sky. However, at debut they may crank very few out at first, due to QA issues ... better to build them right, than fast. :cheers:

BTW, 90 days til Spring ... :D

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Lost Sol said:
I will have to go with SD on this. My SD says early Jan is when they believe that they will be able to place actual orders. :cheers: All along they have speculated March 20th (Spring) as the debut and that is still possible. I do believe that they learned alot from the Sols debut and it should help the Sky. However, at debut they may crank very few out at first, due to QA issues ... better to build them right, than fast. :cheers:

BTW, 90 days til Spring ... :D
I think they will be using the first 450 dealer demo's to work out those bugs, since most of the big ones were worked out on the Solstice, all they really need to concentrate on is fit and finish of the cosmetics...

HURRY UP SPRING!!!! :)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info everyone. I thought it was too good to be true that they were ordering the cars already. I'll be happy if I get my SKY in July because we seem to get too much rain prior to that and as soon as I get it I will want to drive with the top down :cool:
But I tell you if I was excited about placing my choices can you imagine when they call it's ready to be picked up.
Sky Dealer, is there any way of finding out how many people have put down a deposit? I know with the Sol there were more deposits than cars. Are we looking at the same for the SKY?
:confused:

·
Registered
554 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
I think they will be using the first 450 dealer demo's to work out those bugs, since most of the big ones were worked out on the Solstice, all they really need to concentrate on is fit and finish of the cosmetics...

HURRY UP SPRING!!!! :)
The demo cars delivered to the dealers will more than likely be the pre-production models that get scrapped at the end of the year. This is the only way to keep dealers in check and honest. :D

·
Registered
295 Posts
Delnari said:
The demo cars delivered to the dealers will more than likely be the pre-production models that get scrapped at the end of the year. This is the only way to keep dealers in check and honest. :D
No such luck...but we will be honest anyway.... :D
The "dealer demos" are just that. We can't sell them, just use them to show customers. I think the pre-production ones in Michigan will end up on the scrap heap...
Cheers,
Jill

1 - 14 of 14 Posts