Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brought my Sky home from Hahn Racecraft today.........stage II kit
approx. 110 hp over stock as measured at the wheels............
eats new Mustangs for lunch :lol:
RICK

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Brought my Sky home from Hahn Racecraft today.........stage II kit
approx. 110 hp over stock as measured at the wheels............
eats new Mustangs for lunch :lol:
RICK
More info and pics!!! Good god man what is wrong with you? :nono:

How much was it??? We must know every detail

·
Registered
351 Posts
:agree: :agree: :agree:
Pictures please.
Do a search for Hahn Turbo.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Mustangs for lunch...mmmm-mmmmm....verrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooommmmm.:cheers:

·
Registered
167 Posts

:agree: :agree:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Let us know how the new power affects the stock parts...clutch/rear end/steering without ESC or LSD stuff like that. Saving money now for turbo myself...more details pleaseeeeeee:willy: :willy: :willy:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Let us know how the new power affects the stock parts...clutch/rear end/steering without ESC or LSD stuff like that. Saving money now for turbo myself...more details pleaseeeeeee:willy: :willy: :willy:

Wow; I finally see someone else from vegas post here.

I'd like to see the dyno graph on the car with the Hahn setup

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
you guys can save yourself some time by jumping over to the sol forum and searching.

They've been putting turbos on their sols over there for some time now and have tons of useful knowledge.

Hahn has multiple stages also... the are pulling HUGE amounts of power out of a stock (clutch is not stock) sol and have yet to blow anything up.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
um,,, i have been emailing hahn and they just now got there sky to start fitting it to the car they where not selling any to skys due to they wanted to make sure fitment was the same. and there was no minor differences on the car. here is a copy of there Emails. Also

AUG 31

Hello,

I should have information next week! We just received the SKY last week, and our engineers are currently looking into all fitment and running issues. I will be in touch just as soon as I get the "Thumbs-Up".

JUL 18

Hello,

We think it will be the same space constraints as the Solstice, as
we have a SKY coming to our facility for fitment purposes. If
everything goes well we should start selling systems in AUG. We
are currently taking deposits for the SKY kits, as final price will
be determined after fitment. We are almost positve that nothing
will have to be drastically changed on teh system, and we can keep
the standard price of $3995. We are yielding 242whp at 8-9psi on
this system, which is a drastic improvement over the stock 150whp!!!

Yes, upon completion of the system, and just before we ship the kit
to you we will ask that you send your PCM to us for reprogramming.
The Solstice system is less than a 8hr install!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ask Mr Hahn about if there will be a shield in this kit as you have heard and read about the melting of hood carpet buttons.
GM puts a shield in the car and this kit removes it.
And don't let the coating sotry lead you to believe that it will keep temps down. The coating comes off within months of daily use.
Love the power, hate the way I feel about buying a kit that I don't want to show off.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ask Mr Hahn about if there will be a shield in this kit as you have heard and read about the melting of hood carpet buttons.
GM puts a shield in the car and this kit removes it.
And don't let the coating sotry lead you to believe that it will keep temps down. The coating comes off within months of daily use.
Love the power, hate the way I feel about buying a kit that I don't want to show off.
Where do you get your information from?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Tweety has a Hahn kit on his Solstice.
Proactivatey is the only way solutions are met.

My opinion of Tweety's method of being "proactive" does not resolve his personal problem...

My suggestion would be to modify the hood by adding a nice cowl induction hood scoop for cold air implemetation as is specifically provided as fundamental importance for any turbo vehicle ... This type of work needs to be done by a professional paint and body shop ... and should be forethought for any modification that would dramatically increase horsepower and heat.

Instead of complaining Tweety, why don't you try to resolve the heat problem?

Here's a link for a multitude of functional (nice looking) hood scoops:

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stor...irect&categoryId=15377&parentCategoryId=10355

The first one in the list is the one I'm having installed by a professional custom paint/body shop.

I'm confident that it will address and resolve any potential heat issues...

BTW, thanks for the experience and the info.

;)

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
tmrpro ...You my be wrong in adding the scoop to the Sky...I have been testing heat removal under the sky hood and found that both the ECM and Battery could be seriously affected by heat if the natural air flow is changed...I have installed remote wireless thermometers in 6 locations under the hood and continual to test different air flows.....so far opening the top of the hood through vents or scoop have added 75 + degrees to the ECM not a good thing.....As you know computers and heat don't mix well...Seal9

·
Registered
39 Posts
tmrpro ...You my be wrong in adding the scoop to the Sky...I have been testing heat removal under the sky hood and found that both the ECM and Battery could be seriously affected by heat if the natural air flow is changed...I have installed remote wireless thermometers in 6 locations under the hood and continual to test different air flows.....so far opening the top of the hood through vents or scoop have added 75 + degrees to the ECM not a good thing.....As you know computers and heat don't mix well...Seal9
Very interesting indeed.

I would like to know more about your research and see if you have tested with the Saturn Motor Sports authorized functional hood vents.

They say: "Functional Sky hood vents helps evacuate the extreme temperatures from under the hood. A must with any after-market header kit. Very easy to install the Sky hood vents are made from 6061 T6 Aluminum."

http://www.saturnmotorsports.com/storeconsumer/product.asp?P_ID=674

EDIT:

---

I just heard from Seal9 and he said that the options he tried did not include the approved Sky Vents...

...But, he did try a similar design from my understanding.

This will be interesting to follow. I've ordered the Sky Vents and reconsidering the hood scoop.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
We've tried to convince people at the SolForum this was true, but not many wanted to believe us. Maybe you could post your findings over there too.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
you guys can save yourself some time by jumping over to the sol forum and searching.

They've been putting turbos on their sols over there for some time now and have tons of useful knowledge.

Hahn has multiple stages also... the are pulling HUGE amounts of power out of a stock (clutch is not stock) sol and have yet to blow anything up.
Not blowing anything up is a good thing. :lol: :lol: And, if it ups the horse power by 110 ponies, isn't that a tad more than the redline? Will it work on automatic?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
EDIT:

---

I just heard from Seal9 and he said that the options he tried did not include the approved Sky Vents...

...But, he did try a similar design from my understanding.

This will be interesting to follow. I've ordered the Sky Vents and reconsidering the hood scoop.

Saturn Motorsports is not affiliated with Saturn Corp as far as I know...they are a completely seperate entity...I do not think their products are officially "Approved" by Saturn.

I think...someone correct me if I am wrong.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts