Silicone coolant lines
Coolant temp sensor relocate

Solo street exhaust
3 bar sensors
Down pipe
Stage 2 tune
Backbone
Probeam

I've got the first 4 items on the list already, but won't do the install until I have it all, and when the snow melts. Currently it's -34 outside, wind chill is -49. Not exactly working on the car weather!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Like to find some wheels. My chrome ones are perfect, but just a little too much bling for me. Any troubles with running the 40 offset?
I‘m running the 255/45 tire and wondering if they’re just going to be too fat.
Cant seem to find much in a 45 offset.

Still have to install Norm’s front splitter. Have to wait for warm weather now.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
We live in the Chicago area and are "On The Fence" with the idea of selling our Sky. We drove it less than 1000 miles in 2021, so it's not getting driven driven nearly as much as we hoped. This is in-part that the car won't carry our golf clubs. We do lots of driving out in the country to remote golf courses in which the Sky would be ideal for those excursions minus club/bag storage.

But the bigger issue is........We would surely keep the car if we had a 4 car garage for our 4 vehicles, but keeping one outside all the time does not sit well with us. Our Sky has been parked under our deck, under a make-shift canopy which works pretty well but is a winter-only solution, and is obviously not an ideal method of storage. I have our Sky listed for sale locally on Craigslist HERE and Facebook as feelers for interest. Someone 2 hours away in Milwaukee might see the car this week so I brought the car in the garage and detailed it for the potential showing. Now our back yard is getting snow-covered making it impossible to drive the car back under the deck later.

My wife and I were just looking at our Sky back inside our 70 degree heated garage looking beautiful. We are torn with our situation. My wife's precious Jeep is parked outside on our driveway again and that eats on us, most especially her.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Plans for 2022:

DDM charge pipes (arriving Monday!)
Norm's Rear Diffuser Fascia (when it gets here...)
Later this year:
DDM Venom Brace
Upgraded turbo from RPM Motorsports
Norm's front splitter
Trifecta tune

·
Registered
867 Posts
We live in the Chicago area and are "On The Fence" with the idea of selling our Sky. We drove it less than 1000 miles in 2021, so it's not getting driven driven nearly as much as we hoped. This is in-part that the car won't carry our golf clubs. We do lots of driving out in the country to remote golf courses in which the Sky would be ideal for those excursions minus club/bag storage.

But the bigger issue is........We would surely keep the car if we had a 4 car garage for our 4 vehicles, but keeping one outside all the time does not sit well with us. Our Sky has been parked under our deck, under a make-shift canopy which works pretty well but is a winter-only solution, and is obviously not an ideal method of storage. I have our Sky listed for sale locally on Craigslist HERE and Facebook as feelers for interest. Someone 2 hours away in Milwaukee might see the car this week so I brought the car in the garage and detailed it for the potential showing. Now our back yard is getting snow-covered making it impossible to drive the car back under the deck later.

My wife and I were just looking at our Sky back inside our 70 degree heated garage looking beautiful. We are torn with our situation. My wife's precious Jeep is parked outside on our driveway again and that eats on us, most especially her.
Not Sky related…. Golf ⛳ related…. Try Sand Valley in Rome Wisconsin, they have 3 beautiful courses.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I plan to drive more. My Skys have spent far too much time in the garage for several years, and that is going to change.
second that!!
Not Sky related…. Golf ⛳ related…. Try Sand Valley in Rome Wisconsin, they have 3 beautiful courses.
small world. My Sky came from Nekoosa, very near Rome

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Description->Probability in 2022 ->Budgeted Cost including labor
Resolve catalytic converter service engine light -> 100% -> 1200
DDMWorks Fuel Feed Rail -> 80% -> 400
DDMWorks Header Heat Sheild -> 100% -> 120 (I already own the hardware)
Ortiz Custom Pod -> 50% -> 300 (already own the pod but haven't purchased the gauges)
Replace Norm's Fenders with Concurrent Fenders -> 20% -> 2000 (Custom body work is required to move the battery to the trunk and cut the passenger side rail that re-enforces the fender - I already own the painted fenders)
Replace the EVAP canister - remove the charcoal - and fix the gasoline-fill-click -> 50% -> 1800

Notes.
1. Maybe the hot rod shop that's installing the fenders can cut up the trunk for easy access to the Evap canister.
2. Not on the list - but a nice to have - is a blind side camera integrated with my Pioneer head unit. 1000. I already have a backup camera.

Maintaining my health and some minor cosmetic surgery have higher priority than upgrading my car. My health budget for the year is 6000. I've ruled out lippo (which - after my research about it - I've decided I'll never do). That would have been 11000 - over my budget anyway. I could use a 2nd pair of reading glasses - for a spare.200 to 300.

This year - compared to last year - I plan on spending less on entertainment.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Plans for 2022:

DDM charge pipes (arriving Monday!)
Norm's Rear Diffuser Fascia (when it gets here...)
Later this year:
DDM Venom Brace
Upgraded turbo from RPM Motorsports
Norm's front splitter
Trifecta tune
I think you'd be better off replacing your engine mounts instead of installing the Venom.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Happy new year!

The plan:
Charge pipes
Intake
Silicone coolant lines
Coolant temp sensor relocate

Solo street exhaust
3 bar sensors
Down pipe
Stage 2 tune
Backbone
Probeam

I've got the first 4 items on the list already, but won't do the install until I have it all, and when the snow melts. Currently it's -34 outside, wind chill is -49. Not exactly working on the car weather!
I recommend replacing the coolant lines with AC Delcos instead of Silicone. I had Silicone in my SL2 and a hose busted after 50K. That destroyed the car.

And if the tune you have is working stick with that. I don't know if you follow WatchJRGO on Youtube - but one of his best pals did a tune and after a month his engine blew up. The 2.0L is not that durable of an engine.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I recommend replacing the coolant lines with AC Delcos instead of Silicone. I had Silicone in my SL2 and a hose busted after 50K. That destroyed the car.

And if the tune you have is working stick with that. I don't know if you follow WatchJRGO on Youtube - but one of his best pals did a tune and after a month his engine blew up. The 2.0L is not that durable of an engine.
Currently it's all factory. A lot if what I've read, the LNF is a great platform. The goal is ~375HP and tight handling.

I haven't seen that channel, but I'll check it out today. It'll give me something to watch at the laundromat today.

·
Administrator
8,397 Posts
Currently it's all factory. A lot if what I've read, the LNF is a great platform. The goal is ~375HP and tight handling.

I haven't seen that channel, but I'll check it out today. It'll give me something to watch at the laundromat today.
I agree that the LNF is a good solid platform. What it doesn't like is to run lean, and a bad tune will kill it very quickly.

The single best thing you can do to the car is the ProBeam, and that should be everyone's first step.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts