Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
We live in the Chicago area and are "On The Fence" with the idea of selling our Sky. We drove it less than 1000 miles in 2021, so it's not getting driven driven nearly as much as we hoped. This is in-part that the car won't carry our golf clubs. We do lots of driving out in the country to remote golf courses in which the Sky would be ideal for those excursions minus club/bag storage.

But the bigger issue is........We would surely keep the car if we had a 4 car garage for our 4 vehicles, but keeping one outside all the time does not sit well with us. Our Sky has been parked under our deck, under a make-shift canopy which works pretty well but is a winter-only solution, and is obviously not an ideal method of storage. I have our Sky listed for sale locally on Craigslist HERE and Facebook as feelers for interest. Someone 2 hours away in Milwaukee might see the car this week so I brought the car in the garage and detailed it for the potential showing. Now our back yard is getting snow-covered making it impossible to drive the car back under the deck later.

My wife and I were just looking at our Sky back inside our 70 degree heated garage looking beautiful. We are torn with our situation. My wife's precious Jeep is parked outside on our driveway again and that eats on us, most especially her.
Not Sky related…. Golf ⛳ related…. Try Sand Valley in Rome Wisconsin, they have 3 beautiful courses.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. One thing certain, we won't give our Sky away. I won't even try to recover the investment, yet it is hard to say if I still over-priced it. Condition aside, the miles are surely hurting it's value. If it doesn't sell, we are no worse off......maybe we'll get more time with it. If only we had a 4 car garage for that would have been the ultimate solution instead of selling the car.

I would build a separate 3 car garage for a total of 6 in a heart beat, but my wife will have no part of it. It would fit perfectly at the end of our driveway.
View attachment 118002
Having space for 6 cars sounds like a dream, unfortunately if you’re like me, it will be quickly outgrown. Our home in Illinois has a 2.5 car garage, the Wisconsin plaice has a 3 car garage and we still rent a storage unit and store the boat at the dealership. There has to be some law of physics that says something to the effect, no matter how much space available, you will always exceed it by a factor of x.

·
Registered
819 Posts
What is it they say about boats? Two foot-itis? No matter what length you get, you are always two feet short.
Grew up with boats… never got the big boat itch, enjoyed runabouts and now enjoy our pontoon. When owning either a ✈ or a 🚤, it’s amazing how many friends have 🐊 arms…. too short to reach their wallets when it comes time to buy ⛽.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I'm south of Fergus falls 20 or so miles. Snow and cold likes to funnel down into my place as its on the east side of the red river valley. Reason I'm in south Texas. The cost of propain is killing my folks just east of me. Waking up to a cool front in Texas at 41 this AM and a predicted high of 68
We had a cabin in Wisconsin with propane, the costs were unbelievably higher than natural gas. We spent a small fortune to have a natural gas line ran, it took a number of years to recoup the expense, but we did realize a savings by converting. We were able to modify the liquid propane furnace however there wasn’t an upgrade available for the hot water heater.

·
Registered
819 Posts
when you’re young and stupid, you can fit three in that thing-
two in front and one in a fetal position behind the seats.
ask me how I know…..
Ok, I’m asking “how I know”…… (I do know better, but couldn’t resist….the seat belt light is lit and I’m bucking in for what could be a bumpy ride) 👀

·
Registered
819 Posts
About the time we graduated high school, two friends and I all bought British cars. We were pretty close, and what one did, the others followed. My MGA, the other a smallmouth Tr3 (which I soon owned) and the third, a Bugeye.
Three in the MGA was a no go. Three in the Tr3 with one in the jump seat was cramped. Three in the Sprite involved crawling into the lidless trunk.
The smart play was to drive separately but when you’re at that invincible age smart isn’t always your first choice.
Why did we do it? None of us were very big. I guess because we could.

I still miss that Tr3….

On the border note. Canada is right across the river. Years ago, one of our popular running routes was a 10 miler that used the Blue Water Bridge over and back, roughly miles 4-6. We could wave at the Customs/Immigration guys and run by the booths, run up and greet the Canadian guys, turn around and head back.
Try that now….
Fun and simpler times. Tchr, dare I ask, what do you teach? Asked by, presumably a fellow teacher. 😎

1 - 10 of 10 Posts