Saturn Sky Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Im.a few hours from Hinkley. I am over by Grand Forks on the ND/MN border. And the snow is plentiful this year.
I'm south of Fergus falls 20 or so miles. Snow and cold likes to funnel down into my place as its on the east side of the red river valley. Reason I'm in south Texas. The cost of propain is killing my folks just east of me. Waking up to a cool front in Texas at 41 this AM and a predicted high of 68

·
Registered
790 Posts
I'm south of Fergus falls 20 or so miles. Snow and cold likes to funnel down into my place as its on the east side of the red river valley. Reason I'm in south Texas. The cost of propain is killing my folks just east of me. Waking up to a cool front in Texas at 41 this AM and a predicted high of 68
We had a cabin in Wisconsin with propane, the costs were unbelievably higher than natural gas. We spent a small fortune to have a natural gas line ran, it took a number of years to recoup the expense, but we did realize a savings by converting. We were able to modify the liquid propane furnace however there wasn’t an upgrade available for the hot water heater.

·
Registered
354 Posts
As others have said, drive it more.

I have a replacement door lock actuator that needs to go in the driver's side door.

Get the shitty Chemical Guys "JetSeal" off the hood, cut and buff, re-seal with something better.

Need to check those little elbows in the roof mechanism and maintenance them to prevent breaking.

Trunk release mod sounds like a good idea.

Maybe redo the epoxy paint on the calipers, or get new powder coated calipers.

Did I say drive it more? :)

And...what I'm bearing down on is the 1958 Austin Healey Sprite H Production race car I inherited. I think I can finally get it done enough to get a racing license and have some fun in it this year.

View attachment 118151
when you’re young and stupid, you can fit three in that thing-
two in front and one in a fetal position behind the seats.
ask me how I know…..

·
Registered
86 Posts
ask me how I know…..
Not a good selling point here in the valley with the immigration issues. I witnessed the end of a chase of a old ford suv versus jersey barriers Friday before last. Numerous jokes with very dark humor.

·
Registered
790 Posts
ask me how I know…..
Ok, I’m asking “how I know”…… (I do know better, but couldn’t resist….the seat belt light is lit and I’m bucking in for what could be a bumpy ride) 👀

·
Registered
354 Posts
Ok, I’m asking “how I know”…… (I do know better, but couldn’t resist….the seat belt light is lit and I’m bucking in for what could be a bumpy ride) 👀
About the time we graduated high school, two friends and I all bought British cars. We were pretty close, and what one did, the others followed. My MGA, the other a smallmouth Tr3 (which I soon owned) and the third, a Bugeye.
Three in the MGA was a no go. Three in the Tr3 with one in the jump seat was cramped. Three in the Sprite involved crawling into the lidless trunk.
The smart play was to drive separately but when you’re at that invincible age smart isn’t always your first choice.
Why did we do it? None of us were very big. I guess because we could.

I still miss that Tr3….

On the border note. Canada is right across the river. Years ago, one of our popular running routes was a 10 miler that used the Blue Water Bridge over and back, roughly miles 4-6. We could wave at the Customs/Immigration guys and run by the booths, run up and greet the Canadian guys, turn around and head back.
Try that now….

·
Registered
790 Posts
About the time we graduated high school, two friends and I all bought British cars. We were pretty close, and what one did, the others followed. My MGA, the other a smallmouth Tr3 (which I soon owned) and the third, a Bugeye.
Three in the MGA was a no go. Three in the Tr3 with one in the jump seat was cramped. Three in the Sprite involved crawling into the lidless trunk.
The smart play was to drive separately but when you’re at that invincible age smart isn’t always your first choice.
Why did we do it? None of us were very big. I guess because we could.

I still miss that Tr3….

On the border note. Canada is right across the river. Years ago, one of our popular running routes was a 10 miler that used the Blue Water Bridge over and back, roughly miles 4-6. We could wave at the Customs/Immigration guys and run by the booths, run up and greet the Canadian guys, turn around and head back.
Try that now….
Fun and simpler times. Tchr, dare I ask, what do you teach? Asked by, presumably a fellow teacher. 😎

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
ask me how I know…..
We have two street Sprites that we take to shows. We always get at least one instance a version of "When I was in college my buddy had one of these. Five of us used to pile in and go cruising on Friday nights. Good times."

49,000 total Mark 1 Sprites built.
34,000 total Skys built.

I hope the Sky (and Solstice) evoke similar feelings someday.

·
Registered
2008 Saturn Sky Redline
166 Posts
While you're at it. Replace the differential fluid. At 130K we did mine - and I can't say it was the first time it was refreshed - but the result was a significant improvement in how smooth the car changes gears.
Done! While I was at it, I replaced the transmission fluid as well. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
I've had enough cooling problems that I look at her and think, "I should seriously consider selling her and getting something else." And then, I get a chance to drive her again, and that resets my "Time to sell" timer again.

She's been buried in the garage since October, now. I'm hoping when I get back from vacation I'll be able to take her out and reset the timer again. Either that or sell her. :)

41 - 53 of 53 Posts