Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this first on Kappa Performance but it's too important not to post here as well.

These 3 and 6 ton jack stands can drop and if you are under there when it does you'll be pushing up Daisys. Take them back to the store if you have ones that are affected by the recall.

6 ton recall:

3 ton recall:

·
Registered
884 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, I have 6 of them!! I did notice a couple of months ago that you had to be carefull to get it latched right but didnt think of it as a defect, just common sense to check them.

·
Registered
884 Posts
OK, for all you HF haters, it was the Pittsburgh Steel stands that were recalled! I have the Orange colored Harbor Freight 3 and 6 ton stands and they are NOT covered in the recall. The Orange Harbor Freight ones are apparently just fine. I ran downstairs to gather them up and return them as soon as I saw this thread and then got to looking at them and discovered that the title to this thread is misleading. Yes the Pittsburgh Steel stands ARE sold by HF, but so are several others and the familiar Orange ones are NOT in the recall.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts