Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, I haven't even got my Sky yet :banghead:
Just wondering if anyone has seen a hard top available for the Sky ?
I remember seeing somewhere that some aftermarket company made one for the Soltise.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
There has already been at least one other thread on this. The biggest problem with a hard top is you have no access to the trunk. :eek:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
TexSon said:
There has already been at least one other thread on this. The biggest problem with a hard top is you have no access to the trunk. :eek:
Haha - I don't know what really I would be accessing in there, my tic tacs?

·
Registered
804 Posts
1994SC2 said:
Haha - I don't know what really I would be accessing in there, my tic tacs?
Come on now, don't undersell the roomy space found in the Sky. You should be able to squeeze in a small box of Jr. Mints! Tic Tacs...get real!:lol:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
If you cut it up JUST right... you can fit a whole body in that trunk! Hmm...I think...:lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
rick112 said:
If you cut it up JUST right... you can fit a whole body in that trunk! Hmm...I think...:lol:
Of course you can! That's why they put the little glow-in-the-dark emergency release handle in there so you can get out if you're trapped.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
There are currently no publicly available hardtops for the Sky or Solstice. The only one in existence is a light weight carbon fiber racing top which requires proof of an SCCA Club Sport racing license.

·
Registered
337 Posts
HARDTOP to be available

Hardtop for the Solstice and SKy is in the Works...

Just saw it in a MAG just today...

Details:

Its price will be in the $3,000 range and will add 130 pounds to the car...it will take two people to remove it.

As far as I remember reading...it will only come in one color...black I think?

It will have to be colored to match your car.

They have two images and about two paragraphs on the HardTop in the Mag I read today...Look for it...Can't remember what Mag it was...sorry.

Maybe do an ONLINE search.

Personally...sounds like a pain in EVERY WAY!

Price..Too much!
Removel..What a hassle.
Have to have it painted?

Forget it!:eek:

Who knows...maybe Pontiac and Saturn...will make a Factory one from scratch in the coming years. :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
The convertible top should be good enough for me and I won't be doing any racing off the street that would require it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts