Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody not scraped your chin yet :brentil: (meaning scraping the front tip underneath) My driveway is not that steep and I did. I mean I barely scraped it, but I did it. Yeah you'll have to get down on your knees and look real close to see it, but I know it's there. :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Regardless of how careful you try to be, you're gonna get 'em. I have my share of chin scrapes, but luckily they are for the most part unnoticeable. I mean you have to bend down to see them, and how many people are going to do that.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Chin Scrapes ...

The beauty of this car is partially based on its low design ...

The "ugly" of this car is that it is so low ...

The unfortunate characeristic of ths car is that it will scrape its chin ...

Fortunately it is so low no one will see it

MAN IT CAR IS BEAUTIFUL!:D

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I haven't scraped anything painted yet. There is a black rubber or plastic thing that hangs lower than the bumper. I think it is some kind of air scoop to divert air from under the car up to the radiator. It scrapes every time I go out of my driveway. It seem flexable and the scraping does not seem to hurt it.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
What got me was a parking lot with a wheel stop a couple of feet in front of the curb where the sidewalk was. I had my eye on the sidewalk, was bringing the nose forward to leave a safe distance, and SCRAPE!

I now park by looking at the rear of the SKY. If I'm not sticking out past the cars on either side of me, that's far enough forward, by golly!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
HotSky said:
Years of driving my vette and viper cured that. No scrapes yet

well I wished I could attest to that...The coupe was slightly injured from our drive way.. :eek: .The 92 roaster is still a virginh to that nonsense........:lol:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I am so lucky in the the incline of my drive is VERY slight. No major hills or inclines. But I do watch for them. Speed bumps give me nightmares and I have scraped a sewer cover in a construction area where the finish ashphalt had not been laid. It was very slight and on the black plastic chin guard.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I back it in. Rather bump the wheels then the chin.

·
Registered
151 Posts
HotSky said:
Years of driving my vette and viper cured that. No scrapes yet
Ditto. Driving a vette makes you VERY aware of how low your car is. Glad I've got the experience. Can't claim to ever driving a viper, unfortunately! Nothing more painful than hearing your car's chin scrape!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Not yet, but I have come to terms with that fact that I will. I wouldn't mind seeing this car raised about 2" for the next incarnation.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Same here

jdigiant said:
What got me was a parking lot with a wheel stop a couple of feet in front of the curb where the sidewalk was. I had my eye on the sidewalk, was bringing the nose forward to leave a save distance, and SCRAPE!

I now park by looking at the rear of the SKY. If I'm not sticking out past the cars on either side of me, that's far enough forward, by golly!
To help avoid this problem I tend to back in whenever possible. :thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Seagull said:
To help avoid this problem I tend to back in whenever possible. :thumbs:
Yeah, I back it in a lot now, too. But mostly just because the front looks so darned cool. :cool:

Tee hee!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Geph said:
Has anybody not scraped your chin yet :brentil: (meaning scraping the front tip underneath) My driveway is not that steep and I did. I mean I barely scraped it, but I did it. Yeah you'll have to get down on your knees and look real close to see it, but I know it's there. :banghead: :banghead:
I have found out speed bumps can do a number on it also... I have a few scratches nad had to get some touch up paint to cover them, but most are out of sight unless you bend down and look for them.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
jdigiant said:
Yeah, I back it in a lot now, too. But mostly just because the front looks so darned cool. :cool:

Tee hee!
:agree:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts