Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here been able to order a manual transmission RL? So far it sounds like only autos are being made. I am aware of the constraints, but they said that only a certain % of manuals were being made and I am curious if any of these are RLs. If not, then it would be logical to conclude that the manuals are waiting on the brace that was engineered to be applied prior to beginning production. If you have an actual order, not a pre-order, for a manual, please tell us here....:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Has anyone here been able to order a manual transmission RL? So far it sounds like only autos are being made. I am aware of the constraints, but they said that only a certain % of manuals were being made and I am curious if any of these are RLs. If not, then it would be logical to conclude that the manuals are waiting on the brace that was engineered to be applied prior to beginning production. If you have an actual order, not a pre-order, for a manual, please tell us here....:thumbs:
Manuals are getting made but there is a limited amount of them. Only 17% constraint I think Sky Spy said last Thursday. So not many at all.

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
Manuals are getting made but there is a limited amount of them. Only 17% constraint I think Sky Spy said last Thursday. So not many at all.
don't forget 21 manual rl's were built 2 weeks ago. No idea if they are thru qc and shipped tho.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
My Red Line is a manual. It has been accepted, was at 3000 as of a week or so ago (I haven't received this week's update) and I have a TPW of 28 August. I might be one of the lucky limited percent...

·
Registered
444 Posts
I have one...

See my signature below at an event 3400!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
I think that brace comes on Redline no matter what kind of transmission...Skip....it is on constraint because manufacture cannot build the trannys fast enough.:)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Manual RL at Event Code 3400

Hi Nemesis,

I have a manual RL at event code 3400 - "Order Broadcast" as of 8/19/06. :cheers:

Anyday now, it should be "produced" and I'll be receiving the VIN. :thumbs:

My order # is KDXZGG ......... to my knowledge, I am the only manual RL at this event code in the US ...........

Take care Nemesis - I'm sure the wait is worth it. :)

Sincerely,

Steve

·
Registered
444 Posts
Hi Nemesis,

I have a manual RL at event code 3400 - "Order Broadcast" as of 8/19/06. :cheers:

Anyday now, it should be "produced" and I'll be receiving the VIN. :thumbs:

My order # is KDXZGG ......... to my knowledge, I am the only manual RL at this event code in the US ...........

Take care Nemesis - I'm sure the wait is worth it. :)

Sincerely,

Steve
Steve, as shown above, mine is at the same event as you and has been so for 3 weeks.

FYI

·
Registered
188 Posts
Oops

Hi Skygazr,

Sorry about that - I thought you were in Canada.

My bad. :banghead:

·
First 2000 Senior Member
635 Posts
I've been at 3400 since last week and am due for production next week. Whether it happens or not remains to be seen.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Getting an automatic Redline is like wearing a raincoat in the shower.
Thtat's possible, but at least getting a R/L auto we have the shower!!!:lol: :lol: Do you?:lol: :lol: Besides, some of us already have a manual SKY.:D

·
Registered
197 Posts
Lucky dog!

Thtat's possible, but at least getting a R/L auto we have the shower!!!:lol: :lol: Do you?:lol: :lol: Besides, some of us already have a manual SKY.:D
Yep! Earnest is one of those real...real...real...lucky dogs that don't get fleas. He's about to have 2 sky's......Wish I could get 1

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Lucky, yes, I consider myself to be fortunate, and also my long time realationship with my dealer and Saturn has helped a might. Don't you reckon?

Also the fact that my dealer is a high volume SKY sellor also helps. #1 in Texas in SKY sales!!!!!! Hence one of the first alloted images.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Passed up my chance

:banghead:
Dealer called Thursday had an allocation for a Red Line, yep Automatic, did I want to change my order ... no
:rolleyes:
What have I done? I could of had my car on order, received that build date, but NO I have to stick to my convictions and I wanted a manual back in May and by darn I still want a manual, so I have to wait and wait and wait some more. :willy:
So when I do get my red line Sky say now November, it will be perfect all the bugs worked out, yes that keeps me from going :crazy:

TulsaSky

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Update on my Three-Pedal Red Line is that I am still at 3000, even with a TPW of 8/28 - so either the system is behind and it is going to get built next week like originally planned :)lol:) and they haven't changed it to 3400 or the system is behind and they haven't updated the TPW to reflect a more realistic date yet (my guess.)

When I know more I'll post it here...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Me too!

Update on my Three-Pedal Red Line is that I am still at 3000, even with a TPW of 8/28 - so either the system is behind and it is going to get built next week like originally planned :)lol:) and they haven't changed it to 3400 or the system is behind and they haven't updated the TPW to reflect a more realistic date yet (my guess.)

When I know more I'll post it here...
I am in the same boat. 3 pedal - Silver Pearl sitting at 3100 for the last 10 days.

Hoping something gives next week. :willy: :willy: :willy:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Saved from AUTO TRANNY PURGATORY

I actually test drove an automatic transmission equipped REDLINE..this past saturday.............(A local dealer has 3 YES 3 in stock...(they we're holding them UNTIL the next allocation....BUT DECIDED on Saturday to make them available for SALE).............................mY Test drive uncovered the following:

The power on the REDLINE model is INCREDEBLE ...there's no comparison....with the "base sky" ...It's possess a "very strong" urge for stoplight acceleration and PASSING......HOWEVER.....get the MANUAL TRANNY....while driving the machine...I kept thinking how awesome it would be to PLAY with the TRANNY...in situation where I WANTED MORE POWER...rather than "wait" forthe AUTO TRANNY to decide for me........That said.....the power and sensual driving experence is unrivaled...(unless u own a VETT or exotic).....and i was still going to PURCHASE THE AUTO......when while ACTUALLY sitting in front of the finance guy....PEN IN HAND.....my wife GRABBED ME..and SAID...."you REALLY want the MANUAL....just hold on...for a few more months...(when the other dealer gets the next allocation).....so my WIFE PULLED me OUT of the dealership....(i was completely intoxicated by then so i NEEDED her assistance......and now that I'm now SOBER.......I'm glad i'm back waiting for that MANUAL.......

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sure, I have a manual RL ordered back in May (seems like years).
But actually won't have here until Friday. We delivered one a few weeks ago also in manual. Not so many being delivered as expected.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts