Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....or has anyone rewired it to not work if the doors are locked ? I want to make the trunk a little more secure, and changing, or eliminating the glove box release button seems to be the way to do it. I do not want to lock the glove box, its too easy to open anyway, and if its unlocked, no one will tear it up to get into it.

If no one has actually done it, does anyone have access to electrical schematics ? I checked with Helm, and the service manual is not available, and I don't know how much information has gotten to my friendly neighborhood shop yet, or how friendly my dealer's service department is going to be.

John
Lexington KY
Midnight Blue
VIN 00252

·
Registered
18 Posts
the trunk release switch grounds terminal 10 of connector c2 on the BCM through ground G300. the BCM sees this circuit as grounded and internally grounds terminal 57 on connector c1. this activates the trunk release relay (#18 in underhood fuseblock) which supplies voltage to the folding top cover actuators and rear compartment lid release actuator and through splice s400 back into the rear compartment lid adjur switch which goes back into the BCM through terminal 55 on connector c1. s400 goes to ground through G301. the BCM also sends out data across GMLAN lowspeed serial bus to the instrurment cluster and radio chime that the trunk is open.

basicly unplug the 4pin terminal on the back of the switch.

the wiring:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Nimisys/skytrunkrelease.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Nimisys/skydoorlock.gif

·
Super Moderator
6,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You.
Where did you get the schematics ?

·
Super Moderator
6,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is good information, I wish I could find it for the whole car .... anyone have a source ?

·
Super Moderator
6,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nimisys, since you are a tech, I will ask you this question: Helm has the service manual for the 06 Solstice, but not the 07 Sky or Sol. Is the 06 Sol manual a good reference for an 07 Sky ? or were there changes made that would make it invalid ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
i haven't seen the helm manual, however with the exception of the added torque arm, mechanicly it will be fine. parts of the interior section will not apply, but the main mechanical portions remian the same between the two cars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts