Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else notice that the name "Saturn" appears nowhere visible on the car? There are three Saturn emblems and I think Saturn is embossed on the door sill plates, but Saturn is not visible to anyone just looking at the car.. If someone does not know what the Saturn emblem looks like then they will never know who makes it unless they ask... also the word Sky appears just one time on it and that is on the rear...

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
Has anyone else notice that the name "Saturn" appears nowhere visible on the car? There are three Saturn emblems and I think Saturn is embossed on the door sill plates, but Saturn is not visible to anyone just looking at the car.. If someone does not know what the Saturn emblem looks like then they will never know who makes it unless they ask... also the word Sky appears just one time on it and that is on the rear...
SkyMan,
I did notice i didnt see the actual word SATURN on the vehicle... But i love that.... maybe i can meet more friends that way..... and... the fact that SKY is on the back left side looks cool. and the plate will say. SEXYSKY... i think that is neato...... Have a good one.. SkyBaby-07

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I'm sure glad they didn't emboss it in the bumper!:nono:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I think between Saturn and Mustang that's been done to death.:banghead:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Thank GOD they didn't put it on the bumper.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
MrJester said:
Thank GOD they didn't put it on the bumper.
My M3 has it also..... not that noticeable on white though..... which is a good thing.... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just thought it was unusual if Saturn wanted to promote it as the new look of Saturn not to have their name visible on the car.... Alot of people do not recognise the Saturn emblem when you show it to them...

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
I just thought it was unusual if Saturn wanted to promote it as the new look of Saturn not to have their name visible on the car.... Alot of people do not recognise the Saturn emblem when you show it to them...
BUT I THINK ONCE THE CAR HITS THE ROAD AND PEOPLE ASK THEY'LL KNOW. I KNOW I'LL TELL THEM WHAT IT IS.:cheers: :cheers:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:

I CANT wait til people ask me what kind of car it is......but then, i will.. chuckle and tell them that if they want one.... TOO BAD... next yr.... ..... just kidding... they may get lucky.. SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
38 Posts
SkyBaby said:
My M3 has it also..... not that noticeable on white though..... which is a good thing.... SkyBaby-07
What version of M3 do you have? I don't recall there being any embossing on the E36, and I know my E46 M3's behind is clean as a whistle.:D

Thank god Saturn is leaving that practice to the early 90's where it belongs!:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
It'll cause more of a stir not having SATURN stamped in big letters... I think that some (wierd and unlikeable) people will dismiss the car right away if they see Saturn at first glance... If they have to do any footwork to find out who makes the car, they will remember it.

YAY - it's approaching mid Feb!! hehehe

:)

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've noticed it, too. If I'm not mistaken, the Saturn name also doesn't appear anywhere on the Aura concept, either. I would guess it would be the same for the Outlook when pictures of it without the anti-spy covers start circulating.

This is probably part of the whole 'new look of Saturn'. Can't say I don't like it ;).

·
Registered
311 Posts
I think that when the Sky starts hitting the roads, a lot of people will start to know what the Saturn emblem looks like!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Of course if yall really miss the word Saturn on the Sky yall could git some of that thar sticky windshield stuff and put Saturn across your windshield. It would keep the sun out of yalls eyes and tell everybody what kinda auto you have. Skip...:cheers: :lol: :lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Macros said:
What version of M3 do you have? I don't recall there being any embossing on the E36, and I know my E46 M3's behind is clean as a whistle.:D

Thank god Saturn is leaving that practice to the early 90's where it belongs!:thumbs:
BMW m3... SkyBaby-07

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I prefer the emblems rather that embossing the car with letters anywhere.:nono:

·
Registered
131 Posts
I noticed that in the poster at the deaership on Tuesday night & the sales woman there said because most people think that Saturn is a cost effective car comapny and that symbol might alter the image of the sky.

·
Registered
131 Posts
what's with the ancient BMW picture?

·
Registered
131 Posts
pictures?

SkyBaby said:
BMW m3... SkyBaby-07
What is with the ancient BMW pictures?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts