Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced a loud flapping noise with the top up & windows up?

I was cruising down the hiway this evening and decided to wring her out, everything was great till I got above 120, and then all hell broke loose. Their was a looud flapping noise like the clamshell was lose(not) and it sounded the the rear window was about to break. My son was following and said the whole top was like a bubble. I gues one needs to equalizing the air pressure at that speed by lowering the side windows a might. I shut it down at 125, with pedal still left. I guess it has to be top down for performance checks. I am just doing a little practice for the upcoming R/L. This car handles like a dream at any speed.

BTW has everyone gotten their Summer 2006 SATURN SIGNATURES magazine? Mine came today and it has great articles on the SKY & AURA:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Bad! Bad! Ernest no practicing for the RL on public roadways. No flapping noise here the only times I have gone that fast I have always had the top down.:thumbs:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Ernest

I haven't wrung ours out, but I'm interested to hear what you think they will top out at. You say 125 with more left? I read somewhere they figured they'd be all done at 123, based on wind drag vs HP. I know they cruise very easy at speeds approaching 100.

Have you done any other performance mods besides the CAI?

Be Safe!:)

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sky Hi said:
I haven't wrung ours out, but I'm interested to hear what you think they will top out at. You say 125 with more left? I read somewhere they figured they'd be all done at 123, based on wind drag vs HP. I know they cruise very easy at speeds approaching 100.

Have you done any other performance mods besides the CAI?

Be Safe!:)
No, just the CAI and the performance suspension kit. That was first high speed blast with top/windows up, I have hit 130 with a little pedal left with top down, I feel it should top out at 140. I don't drive that fast normally, but I feel you need to know the limitations of you machine. I don't recommend this for everyone, but I have enough experience to handle it. The SKY glides and feels tight at higher speeds, partly due I think to the competition suspension, which BTW is standard on the R/L. Mark & I will do some check outs &* road evaluation after my R/L arrives and is broke in, so Mark dust off your helmet, and we'll "git er done":thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Ernest said:
No, just the CAI and the performance suspension kit. That was first high speed blast with top/windows up, I have hit 130 with a little pedal left with top down, I feel it should top out at 140. I don't drive that fast normally, but I feel you need to know the limitations of you machine. I don't recommend this for everyone, but I have enough experience to handle it. The SKY glides and feels tight at higher speeds, partly due I think to the competition suspension, which BTW is standard on the R/L. Mark & I will do some check outs &* road evaluation after my R/L arrives and is broke in, so Mark dust off your helmet, and we'll "git er done":thumbs:
It sure would be nice to take another run at TMS with the new RL (Mayhem?)

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
marklynn70 said:
It sure would be nice to take another run at TMS with the new RL (Mayhem?)
You bet we will, and I mean the both of us buddy:thumbs: We will git us a mess of laps acquired and we will 'git er done" YUUP:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts