Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has gotten an image of late......I haven't heard anyone saying they have.....I was imaged on march 7 but was put into the system march 22 (code 30).....right now I have no clue....just waiting.....

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
skybeam said:
Just wondering if anyone has gotten an image of late......I haven't heard anyone saying they have.....I was imaged on march 7 but was put into the system march 22 (code 30).....right now I have no clue....just waiting.....
I would of been imaged last month, except I am waiting for BlueStone!

·
Registered
178 Posts
3000 hell

same here, stuck at 3000 since april 17

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
skybeam said:
There are two dealers in ct. that are showing that they have Sky's, they could be sold but it's worth checking. One's in enfield ( I think 3 ) and one's in Wallingford ( I think two ).

If any available, it's worth a drive or plane ticket and drive it home. Alot of Solstice owners did this.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
skybeam said:
The process has changed and there are no more "images" as we knew them. The dealerships get a report during the week (not sure what day) that tells them how many cars (IONs, VUE's, RELAYs & SKY's) they have available to order on the following Friday morning. Dealers must have vehicles entered as PRELIMINARY ORDERS ahead of time and when Friday morning comes the system tries to "pick-up" a SKY for order, if there are constraints and the 1st SKY listed is equipped with one or more of the constrained items, it gets passed and the system tries the 2nd one, this happens up to 4 times (4 passes). If the dealer fails to order a SKY at that time because of the constraints then, that's it for that week and another dealer may get that "allocation." :banghead: In other words dealers must have a SKY that can be ordered in the system or they run the risk of loosing it to another retailer. (At least that is what I was told last Friday). Seems to me that is not a very fair way for some retailers that may not be on the ball when it comes to this new system but it should benefit those that are on top of things. :eek: You will also see some dealers ordering some "generic" SKYs so that if one of the "fancy" ones gets passed they have a better chance of ordering any SKY at the time of ordering.

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
But now you could get pass over and not have the chance to change your order to get it through, do we know in advance what the system will take so the order could be changed ahead of time, Like no chrome wheels change to painted, or should all the orders go with the painted, then pickup after market....Seal9:cheers:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
SKY Spy said:
The process has changed and there are no more "images" as we knew them.
Regards,:willy: BA :willy:
Thanks for that. I have concerns about my dealership because the GM seems to be out of town when the orders need to be entered, and no one else is allgedly allowed to do the ordering. But there were no orders picked up by Saturn for two months there.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Good information

SKY Spy said:
The process has changed and there are no more "images" as we knew them. The dealerships get a report during the week (not sure what day) that tells them how many cars (IONs, VUE's, RELAYs & SKY's) they have available to order on the following Friday morning. Dealers must have vehicles entered as PRELIMINARY ORDERS ahead of time and when Friday morning comes the system tries to "pick-up" a SKY for order, if there are constraints and the 1st SKY listed is equipped with one or more of the constrained items, it gets passed and the system tries the 2nd one, this happens up to 4 times (4 passes). If the dealer fails to order a SKY at that time because of the constraints then, that's it for that week and another dealer may get that "allocation." :banghead: In other words dealers must have a SKY that can be ordered in the system or they run the risk of loosing it to another retailer. (At least that is what I was told last Friday). Seems to me that is not a very fair way for some retailers that may not be on the ball when it comes to this new system but it should benefit those that are on top of things. :eek: You will also see some dealers ordering some "generic" SKYs so that if one of the "fancy" ones gets passed they have a better chance of ordering any SKY at the time of ordering.

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:
Thanks for this update on the ordering sysytem...it answers
several questions I've had since being told by my dealer that he "ordered" my Sky last week.
The order # confused me because the thinking here has been that an order # will consist of 3 letters followed by 3 numbers.
This wasn't the case with my "order".
I have been treated well by the sales associate and other salesmen at my dealer, and have no reason to doubt they gave me correct info.
Your explanaition makes a lot of sense to me now.....:thumbs:

·
Registered
61 Posts
So theoretically, if you order pretty standard stuff without a lot of the fancy schmancy it is possible to get your car faster than others who ordered the fancy schmancy or vice versa depending on what the system is taking at the time.....I'm not even sure what to say about that....it makes no sense to me.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Carnut said:
Thanks for this update on the ordering sysytem...it answers
several questions I've had since being told by my dealer that he "ordered" my Sky last week.
The order # confused me because the thinking here has been that an order # will consist of 3 letters followed by 3 numbers.
This wasn't the case with my "order".
I have been treated well by the sales associate and other salesmen at my dealer, and have no reason to doubt they gave me correct info.
Your explanaition makes a lot of sense to me now.....:thumbs:
Your actual order number -- from all the evidence I see STILL is 3 letters and three numbers Actually more. Mine is preceeded by 4 numbers as well but we ignore those. That part has not changed.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Your actual order number -- from all the evidence I see STILL is 3 letters and three numbers Actually more. Mine is preceeded by 4 numbers as well but we ignore those. That part has not changed.
Well, then I'm back to confused....:confused:
I guess the best thing to do is go back to the dealer and ask what's what.
I really don't like bugging these guys, but after thinking about it, they aren't very busy. Their showroom traffic is pretty low.
I think the Sky may save a few jobs for them.

·
Registered
72 Posts
FaerieKitty2 said:
So theoretically, if you order pretty standard stuff without a lot of the fancy schmancy it is possible to get your car faster than others who ordered the fancy schmancy or vice versa depending on what the system is taking at the time.....I'm not even sure what to say about that....it makes no sense to me.
This MAY be the case....notice I said MAY....I have NO proof of ANYTHING!
On the otherhand, GM's business is to move cars....If chrome wheels won't be delivered to their plant for 2 weeks, they may schedule another car to be made to coordinate with that 2 week period and move the 1st car onto someone who doesn't have constrained items on their order.
Actually, in this scenario, nobody gets hurt because the car with chrome wheels won't get delivered until they are avaiable anyway, and somebody down the line gets a Sky before they thought they would.....no foul...:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts