Saturn Sky Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts
D-money11 said:
Actual 8000K HID's with ignitor and ballast. They are $300 shipped for set of 2 bulbs and wirings. PM me for more details
Sweet, I would love to see some pics. I have an 8000k set too, waiting in my closet. Easy install?

It takes a little work to get everything out of the way when it closes. As I said with it not be a fix headlamp you need to make sure everything clears when closing and opening the hood. The foglights will be a piece of cake as there are plenty of mounting options. Ruledawg please PM with what you paid for your kit shipped or our my prices about right?

A couple questions about your install.

Is that a kit that has a seperate starter and ballast box,?

Why did you leave the cover off the back of the light assembly or were you just not finished putting it back together? You're going to want to keep the while light assembly sealed and dry. You'll have to figure out how to do that.

And you have blue halogens as your high beams?

bradyb said:
A couple questions about your install.

Is that a kit that has a seperate starter and ballast box,?

Why did you leave the cover off the back of the light assembly or were you just not finished putting it back together? You're going to want to keep the while light assembly sealed and dry. You'll have to figure out how to do that.

And you have blue halogens as your high beams?
This is not really a kit. They are just units that I have that were given to me by friends working at the autobody garage. (They usually throw away damaged headlights, but the HID unit is still attached to the headlight). This is why I have 2 different ballast units - they both do the same job. It would probably be much easier if you bought a kit from Ebay and installed it yourself for $300 + shipping, but you can probably also go to a few autobody places and ask if they have some to sell to you for cheap and attach it like I have.

You do have to take off the back cover of the light assembly, or you will not be able to put the HID connector on to the bulb, plus the bulb/ignitor together will extend out further and the headlight cover will not fit. I was thinking about placing some sort of rubber housing around the wiring in place of the back cover (something that looks like the rubber end of a plunger, but thinner and more flexible), but I will have to find it first. I know BMWs do have rubber housings like that but I don't think you can buy them separate. Probably be able to find some at auto-salvages if possible.

One potential problem for those that are putting on the kit is that you need to find an area to attach the units. Because the distance between the headlight hole and the body of the car is quite long, I had to attach the unit to the hood and there are not many holes to help you attach it on. If someone else finds a better area to attach it, please share. I have tied it on to beside the hinge that connects the hood to the car and to the nearest headlight arm/piece that is screwed on to the hood. I have put some black sponges to ensure that any vibrations will not rattle the hood or create holes in the hood insulation.

The ignitor pieces i have attached above the hole for the low beam headlight, but only because the distance between the ignitor and the bulb connector was short.

And I don't have blue halogens for high beams - I but they will definitely look better when the turn on as they also turn on when day light running is on. BTW, your headlights will turn on when you switch your key to the position just before you start your car and it will turn on automatically when you are driving as well.

Is there a way to disable the day light running?
Good luck

41 - 45 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.