Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer started a waiting list for the Sky, when I signed up I was second on the list, Today I was at the dealership talking to my salesman he told me I am now First on the list...
My Dealer is,
Saturn of the Mountian Empire, Johnson City Tennessee.

How about your dealership?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
623 Posts
classic66vair said:
My dealer started a waiting list for the Sky, when I signed up I was second on the list, Today I was at the dealership talking to my salesman he told me I am now First on the list...
My Dealer is,
Saturn of the Mountian Empire, Johnson City Tennessee.

How about your dealership?
I have to call mine, but they have a list already. I want to be #1 on the RL list.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DuSpinnst said:
I have to call mine, but they have a list already. I want to be #1 on the RL list.
oh while i was there the salesman showed me a new Chili Pepper red Ion Red Line, they had modified it with some dealer installed options of a free flow exhaust, Cold air induction, and a few other goodies... he said it now has 240HP
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
#9 on wait list. Dealer (Vancouver, BC) says they are getting an allotment of 12 and they will all be identical - silver w/ manual tranny.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cardero said:
#9 on wait list. Dealer (Vancouver, BC) says they are getting an allotment of 12 and they will all be identical - silver w/ manual tranny.
You mean you cannot order the car yourself? that really sucks.... plus how do they know this early what color they will be getting, and is the color the only thing you will not have a choice of, any other colors?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
Sounds like your dealer has figured the easiest (and laziest) way to get 12 sky's in the showroom and out the door. Not only "No haggle" pricing, but "no haggle" ordering - "you get what we order!"

That said, I was told I'm number 5 with an automatic ahead of me (so maybe I'm 4). Salesman said he would sit down with us and "order" the car when the dealership was able.

Turk



cardero said:
#9 on wait list. Dealer (Vancouver, BC) says they are getting an allotment of 12 and they will all be identical - silver w/ manual tranny.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
I'm third on the list here. I was just told yesterday that they were getting an allotment of 12 also, but he said nothing about them being all silver...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
cardero said:
#9 on wait list. Dealer (Vancouver, BC) says they are getting an allotment of 12 and they will all be identical - silver w/ manual tranny.
I think your dealer is full of it. Saturn dealers don't have allotment numbers yet as far as I know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
I will have to flesh the dealer out more on their "take it or leave it" on the first batch it looks like. There was another person here from US who said their dealer said the same to him as well, so hopefully it is just confusion for now amongst dealers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
I have no idea how far down the list I am... I just asked if they had a list, and he went and got this fill out form to say what color I want, how I want it, etc... I'll have to call and ask. Minneapolis, MN
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
cardero said:
I will have to flesh the dealer out more on their "take it or leave it" on the first batch it looks like. There was another person here from US who said their dealer said the same to him as well, so hopefully it is just confusion for now amongst dealers.
Find another dealer. Yeah it might be a ways to drive, but it'll be worth it to get the exact car you want instead of some BS shoved down your throat by a dealer who instead of looking up real information is lieing to you.
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
Well now I have two reasons to visit my dealer. I wanted to see the colours that are already available on other Saturn products and now I need to know where I am on the list. I guess I should have gotten that info some time ago. Just in case he gets 5 and has orders for 6.

I could see a dealer getting all of one colour. The car does look so good in silver with the red leather.

The first dealer I approached wouldn't take my preorder. Said he didn't have any idea how many he would be getting and that Saturn could just tell him what he is getting (at least in the way of options and perhaps colour).

The first dealer told me Saturn had done that in the past with one other car. Sorry I can't remember which one.

I suspect that some of our questions will be answered in September as the web site is supposed to be revised at that time. We could even see a list of options at that time.

I doubt I'll be the only potential Sky owner heading out to a Pontiac dealer to test drive a Solstice in August.

This is the hottest car Saturn has ever had and the new design direction has heads turning. Heads like mine! I was going to pick up a used SLK 230 until I saw the Sky. Now I will wait.

Rick
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
rick112 said:
I doubt I'll be the only potential Sky owner heading out to a Pontiac dealer to test drive a Solstice in August.
hehehe, unless you mean August 2006 good luck. Pretty much every Solstice in the USA has been sold till into 2006. Finding a Solstice to test drive is going to be extremely dificult till next year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,876 Posts
Cars are made in color

I can't imagine any car being built in one color and the customer being told this is it.
According to my dealer - around November they will take orders - the cars may be built with - say silver first then red etc. As with any car they run a color at a time (say two days each)-- but when yours comes off the line it will be sent to your dealer.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,686 Posts
I called mine today and he didn't have a list yet or know when one would be started. He took down my contact information and said he would stay in touch. I will call about once a week or so until the list is started. :willy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
marklynn70 said:
I called mine today and he didn't have a list yet or know when one would be started. He took down my contact information and said he would stay in touch. I will call about once a week or so until the list is started. :willy:
I had talked to Saturn customer service and they informed me that if my dealer had not started a wait list ask him to start one, get a deal sheet made at the same time with all the info about price limits at MSRP and have it signed by the salesman AND sales Manager... Thats what I did...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,686 Posts
classic66vair said:
I had talked to Saturn customer service and they informed me that if my dealer had not started a wait list ask him to start one, get a deal sheet made at the same time with all the info about price limits at MSRP and have it signed by the salesman AND sales Manager... Thats what I did...
Thank you I am calling him back this morning. :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,686 Posts
I called him and I was told I am the first to contact him so that makes me number one. He will stay in touch with me and as soon as he can submit the order he will have mine on its way. :)
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top