Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put my name on the list today after calling 4 different dealers. I finally found one that I'm first on the list!!!

I'm really excited and the salesman told me that it would be probably around 6 months out before the car would be available.

I think the few months wait will work out perfect so I can see all of the different colors and options on the normal Sky's. I'm so excited!!! :cheers:

Oh, and hello to all as this is my first post!! :D

Kyle

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
nope, happy with what i am getting..... don;t need more power:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Ernest said:
I am to, but just want to collect them, kinda like Hot Wheels for big kids:lol: :lol: :D
how about giving me the money to pay for mine then.... I am taking things to the limit, sold my corvair and my truck just to get a down payment on this car so my wife and I can have some quality time, she has always wanted another sportscar since we had our corvette 30 years ago...

·
Registered
248 Posts
No ... cool looking roadster with 177 HP is what I want:)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Ernest said:
Me to! Are you getting AURA to? Might as well collect them all. :thumbs:
Don't know about first group, but somewhere close to the first, it don't matter I will be busy driving my first baby, while I wait.:cool:
Well, I really wanted to get rid of my '04 Malibu about 2-3 weeks ago, but nothing out there that I agree with the wife on really motivated me to go ahead and get something new. At the Philly Auto Show, the car I was staring at second most to the SKY was the AURA.... so maybe this summer/fall when the AURA becomes available, I'll check it out :D

·
Registered
623 Posts
I am on an interest list at Saturn of Lakeside, they don't offically have a Redline list yet and I can't offically afford one yet. Hopefully they make enough so that I can get a 2008 without having to put a deposit down this by this June.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I'm sure the redline will be worth the wait!:cheers:

·
Registered
36 Posts
DuSpinnst said:
I am on an interest list at Saturn of Lakeside, they don't offically have a Redline list yet and I can't offically afford one yet. Hopefully they make enough so that I can get a 2008 without having to put a deposit down this by this June.
There are several different rumors as to when the Redline is coming out. I can't wait for the R/L version to ge a Sky. There is and will be a lot of demand for the Sky, but with production capacity being as high as it is in Delaware, we shoudln't run into year long waits. I think you'll be safe ordering one a year from now if you are wanting an '08. Till then... :cheers:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
MidwestSky said:
There are several different rumors as to when the Redline is coming out. I can't wait for the R/L version to ge a Sky. There is and will be a lot of demand for the Sky, but with production capacity being as high as it is in Delaware, we shoudln't run into year long waits. I think you'll be safe ordering one a year from now if you are wanting an '08. Till then... :cheers:
waiting :brentil: :willy: :brentil: :willy: :drool: :drool: :chill: :deadhorse yupp waiting

·
Registered
820 Posts
what I seem to be finding on the net

I did a search for sky redline lastnight and found that there was a rumor about a year back now, supposedly from a GM internal source, that the sky redline would be out 6 months after the release of the standard sky. This rumor was found on many different sights along with the rumor that the redline engine would have 253hp (which is not far from 260hp and this is back when everyone was still thinking 200hp). Being that this was a year ago, I am sure they have tweaked the engine and been able to get more HP then they originally expected. This also matches the reported arrival of the solstice GPX and the 6 months "it's a saturn?"'s dealer told him it would take(as production of the base sky has begun now). I would almost guarantee a mid Sept/Oct. roll out, maybe even ordering them late this summer. Or maybe ordering them in Sept/Oct and getting them in March of '07(opel rumors are that the opel will be out in spring of 07)? I would imagine we won't hear anything until late summer at the earliest. They want to give the base sky some time to turn heads, get attention, etc. No sense in using all their head-turning power at once, right?:thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Nemesis said:
I did a search for sky redline lastnight and found that there was a rumor about a year back now, supposedly from a GM internal source, that the sky redline would be out 6 months after the release of the standard sky. This rumor was found on many different sights along with the rumor that the redline engine would have 253hp (which is not far from 260hp and this is back when everyone was still thinking 200hp). Being that this was a year ago, I am sure they have tweaked the engine and been able to get more HP then they originally expected. This also matches the reported arrival of the solstice GPX and the 6 months "it's a saturn?"'s dealer told him it would take(as production of the base sky has begun now). I would almost guarantee a mid Sept/Oct. roll out, maybe even ordering them late this summer. Or maybe ordering them in Sept/Oct and getting them in March of '07(opel rumors are that the opel will be out in spring of 07)? I would imagine we won't hear anything until late summer at the earliest. They want to give the base sky some time to turn heads, get attention, etc. No sense in using all their head-turning power at once, right?:thumbs:
.. The rumor i heard was that it will be a year behind the GPX..... that will be a bummer.... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
38 Posts
It's a Saturn? said:
I just put my name on the list today after calling 4 different dealers. I finally found one that I'm first on the list!!!

I'm really excited and the salesman told me that it would be probably around 6 months out before the car would be available.

I think the few months wait will work out perfect so I can see all of the different colors and options on the normal Sky's. I'm so excited!!! :cheers:

Oh, and hello to all as this is my first post!! :D

Kyle
Congrats, but you'll be waiting quite a while. I'm guessing very late '07 or early '08 for it to be released. That's quite some patience you have.....:eek:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts