Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been looking for a couple months now for a red RedLine Sky, and I haven't had any luck. I'm looking for one with below 60,000 miles, no accidents, one owner (if possible), and in the $13,000-$16,000 price range. I have seen other colors with all my specifications in that price range on cars.com, autotrader, etc and in fact there are some up right now. Am I looking at the wrong time, or is a red RedLine just really hard to find.

P.S. Yes, it has to be red.

·
Super Moderator
11,114 Posts
So I've been looking for a couple months now for a red RedLine Sky, and I haven't had any luck. I'm looking for one with below 60,000 miles, no accidents, one owner (if possible), and in the $13,000-$16,000 price range. I have seen other colors with all my specifications in that price range on cars.com, autotrader, etc and in fact there are some up right now. Am I looking at the wrong time, or is a red RedLine just really hard to find.

P.S. Yes, it has to be red.
Where does it need to be located?

·
Premium Member
1,532 Posts
I think your price range is low for a Redline in the summer. You might have better luck in December or January.

The prices on these cars seem to be stabilizing just below $20k for well-kept cars with low miles.

·
Premium Member
5,134 Posts
There were a few on EBay today. I never looked but my wife was talking about them. We are looking for another one during the winter.

CarMax normally has a few nationwide. They will ship it to you.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
That price range was tough for me to find in any color with the same mileage across the state.....unless you want an automatic. It was weird but when i was looking on ebay and Autotrader the Auto's were a couple/few grand lower than the 5-speed equivalent.

·
Premium Member
5,134 Posts
Never saw that out here or on CarMax where I bought mine. Both about the same price, if comparative in detail and mileage. I bought mine last month. The best price I saw was listed on this forum for the Black on Black Redline 2008 7900 miles for 18.9K. Would have bought it, but it was a stick, wife has a bad knee. Would not have worked for her. But it was a very nice car.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I agree that your target price seems low.

I have a red RL with 79K miles and there is no way that I would sell it for 16K.

The more "qualifications" that you have on your target (i.e. mileage, color, condition, etc.), the more you can expect to have to pay.

Though you may eventually find someone who is desperate to sell, that will probably take a while.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
How about finding one that meets the rest of your criteria, then having it resprayed red, once you know its a solid RL. I know it sounds like hassle but if you are really set on the color, then color away! Does not have to be immediately.

Jim

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 2009, Ruby Red SE Auto with less than 10k. Purchased from a collector so I am second owner, but I wouldn't take less than 21k for it or something very close. Not that its for sale, but everything has its price.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I just negotiated a Bluestone Red Line in CA for $12,500 with 62,000 miles on it from a private party. Well maintained with condition guarantees.

I will probably have to pass on it though, another offer has come in.

You just need a motivated buyer - provided you're not picky on specs.

Dealer - that's more difficult, you'd better bring your negotiating cap.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts