Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I am wondering if you guys every got your head hit on the roof when the top are up?

Jay

·
Registered
669 Posts
ummm...I shouldn't admit it...but yes, especially when I'm in a hurry.

·
Registered
170 Posts
In the early morning when i'm leaving for work and still tired, I've hit my head getting in a few times now, but eventually I'll learn my lesson.

·
Registered
370 Posts
No - I have missed that.:D

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
No I haven't yet. But now that you have mentioned it I am sure I will. :thumbs:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Never drove with top up yet!

·
Registered
802 Posts
2008SKY said:
Hi guys...I am wondering if you guys every got your head hit on the roof when the top are up?...Jay
Never bumped my head while sitting in the seat..messed my hair up a few times getting in but no big deal I've gotten used to it.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I have perfected the "swoop and swish" entrance to my Sky thanks to its similiarly low level entry that the SC2 had.

·
Registered
16 Posts
How tall are you guys? I'm 6'2" and have not even had an opportunity to sit in one. Is this going to be a problem for me?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Son is 6'4"

SlidinSky said:
How tall are you guys? I'm 6'2" and have not even had an opportunity to sit in one. Is this going to be a problem for me?
My son is 6'4" and he said he has no problem at all with the roof. Then he went on to say there is more room on the drivers side than the passenger side. I told him "TOO BAD" cause the passenger side is where he is going to be.:cheers:

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'm 5'10, and I hit my head when i'm not being careful, but I can totally get in fine otherwise. This is my first really low, small car, so I just need to get used to it. I had a friend who was 6'4'' in the passenger seat yesterday, he had enough room to be comfortable. There's definitely a difference in how you get in this car versus another car. The post above 'swoop and swish' pretty well defines it, lol.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Since my car will be garaged and in a secure lot at work, if I have a head hit problem here is my cure:
Keep the roof unlatched. Then you can open it as you enter and latch it into place. When you leave - Unlatch and open it a bit to let you out...
Would this work??

I have no problem with the SC2 and it is only 1/2 inch higher.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Try getting out of a Lotus Elise sometime. Pretty much rolling out onto the ground is the easiest way to get out, haha, looks very classy let me tell you. It has to be one of the hardest cars to get in and out of next to maybe an old Lamborghini Countach.

·
Registered
277 Posts
SlidinSky said:
No problem for me and Im 6'6" just put your right leg in against the far wall of the cockpit and slide on in!

·
Registered
266 Posts
bobfred44 said:
My son is 6'4" and he said he has no problem at all with the roof. Then he went on to say there is more room on the drivers side than the passenger side. I told him "TOO BAD" cause the passenger side is where he is going to be.:cheers:
Too funny...but in a weak moment I told my son-in-law he can take mine for a spin to Vegas when he gets home from the big sand box...might have spoken too soon, he hasn't driven anything but F-18's for 6 months .....hmmmm:willy: He's also 6'4"...maybe I'll tell him there is more room on the passenger side

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thanks

java43 said:
Too funny...but in a weak moment I told my son-in-law he can take mine for a spin to Vegas when he gets home from the big sand box...might have spoken too soon, he hasn't driven anything but F-18's for 6 months .....hmmmm:willy: He's also 6'4"...maybe I'll tell him there is more room on the passenger side
Please tell your son-in-law I said THANKS for his service. Let him take the SKY for a spin, he deserves it. If he is ever in PA, I will let him drive mine. :cheers:

·
Registered
266 Posts
I will pass the thanks on...and thank you for the well wishes...So far he and my daughter have waved at each other as they pass on deployment...Hopefully they will both have their feet on this soil at the same time soon...
Hey..what an offer, I'll let him know...you're the best. Sometimes just knowing there are great people like you makes the job a bit easier :D

·
Registered
669 Posts
java43 said:
I will pass the thanks on...and thank you for the well wishes...So far he and my daughter have waved at each other as they pass on deployment...Hopefully they will both have their feet on this soil at the same time soon...
Hey..what an offer, I'll let him know...you're the best. Sometimes just knowing there are great people like you makes the job a bit easier :D
So you've got two in service?!? I'm sure you're proud!
If either of them ever are in Beaumont, TX, they can take mine for a spin, too! :patriot:

(Lost my dad in the Air Force in 1963) Appreciate all that our service men and women do!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Still waiting for mine!

t least you have a sky to bump your head on! the dealership by me is auctioning the first two they get on Sat. I'm not going to bid because they both have a spoiler and i don 't care for it. however the deal still can't tell me when they can get me one!:brentil: :banghead:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
cozy said:
t least you have a sky to bump your head on! the dealership by me is auctioning the first two they get on Sat. I'm not going to bid because they both have a spoiler and i don 't care for it. however the deal still can't tell me when they can get me one!:brentil: :banghead:

Cozy...what seems to be the problem with your dealer? I had to go back and search some of your old posts and now remember that you were frantically searching for a dealer in the St. Louis area without a long list. Did you have any luck? Does the dealer you are working with have a list? Did you put down a deposit? Or are they just selling them off the floor as they come in?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts