Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some after pics from the install of my AVIC-Z1...

With the harness used, Onstar works... Phone Works... Chimes work *and are LOUD*... Steering wheel controls do not work... a relay had to be added to have the turn signal click sounds to work.

The XM Antenna is in the 2nd pic on the windshield surround.

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
you said with the harness the onstar worked..which harness are you talking about? Nice nice install....

·
Registered
141 Posts
oh I have another question... Where did yo get the outer trim piece around the head unit?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I knew this day would come. I am so happy. The more stereo mods the better.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Great Looking Install. I had no idea Pioneer made those.

1) Are you/the installers eventually going to get the steering wheel controls to work or is it not possible? Would something like a PAC SWI-PS Steering Wheel Audio Control Interface work with the Pioneer Nav unit?

2) Where did you get the install done?

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'm an "audio dunce"....prey tell ......what am I looking at???:rolleyes: Sorry but this IS out of my generation....:confused:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
ssswwweeeeetttt!!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you said with the harness the onstar worked..which harness are you talking about? Nice nice install....
All I know is it is a Soundgate adapter.

oh I have another question... Where did yo get the outer trim piece around the head unit?
Tech Auto Sound in Endicott, NY did the install... they said it is a dual din kit for 2004 & up GM vehicles. They did have to do a small, small bit of trimming inside... and the grain of the plastic is slightly different then the dash, but overall looks amazing!!!

Very nice, very nice indeed. Best of luck with this new unit!:cheers: :thumbs:
Thank you!!!

I knew this day would come. I am so happy. The more stereo mods the better.
I agree!!! ;-) Sub, amp and surround install coming up VERY shortly.

Great Looking Install. I had no idea Pioneer made those.

1) Are you/the installers eventually going to get the steering wheel controls to work or is it not possible? Would something like a PAC SWI-PS Steering Wheel Audio Control Interface work with the Pioneer Nav unit?

2) Where did you get the install done?

Thanks,

John
1: So far, no harness/wiring is available to make it work. I think Soundgate, PAC and Metra are all working on it.

2: Tech Auto Sound in Endicott, NY

I'm an "audio dunce"....prey tell ......what am I looking at???:rolleyes: Sorry but this IS out of my generation....:confused:
ggccg got it right. :thumbs:

·
Registered
29 Posts
verry nice. would you mind giving more info on install and parts.... NAV was or lack of one in sky is one of the bitter items (yep i am getting lost on the supermarket lot). Seeing your install makes me question if going for 6 disc factory a wise decision...

great look!
ilber

·
Registered
188 Posts
Rear Camera

Were you able to install the rear camera (when you backup)?

Just curious ....... :confused:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
verry nice. would you mind giving more info on install and parts.... NAV was or lack of one in sky is one of the bitter items (yep i am getting lost on the supermarket lot). Seeing your install makes me question if going for 6 disc factory a wise decision...

great look!
ilber
Sure, I will put up a list of stuff used in the install when I get back home from the NOPI Nationals.

Were you able to install the rear camera (when you backup)?

Just curious ....... :confused:
I will have that installed when I get the rest of the sound system installed. I am going to have it set up to a toggle switch so I can have it on at car shows. At some point I will be adding monitors elsewhere in the car, so it will be a fun novelty. Although I do wish I had it installed now and that I wish it had audio... then I could record peoples comments... "Thats a Saturn???" :jester:

·
Registered
63 Posts
XM antenna?

So if I already have the XM antenna on my car (Solstice), can I plug into it or does it become a dead piece on my shell?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So if I already have the XM antenna on my car (Solstice), can I plug into it or does it become a dead piece on my shell?
It would become dead... would be nice if they could make a harness/adapter for stock XM antennas.

·
Super Moderator
6,566 Posts
How visible is the screen ? Does it wash out in direct sun with the top down ?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How visible is the screen ? Does it wash out in direct sun with the top down ?
So far in the sunlight it has been visible. I am wondering if the clear plastic over the digits in the stock unit causes the glare... my aftermarket unit only has the screen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Alpine Screen

If you get a Alpine Iva-W200 screen it has a plug on it for factory steering wheel controls to operate the screen. and it also features Pulse Touch screen technology. It is also really easy to bypass the saftey and watch movies while you drive with a 20 dollar part.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
That is one clean install. Good luck on the rest of the system install. Can't wait to see more pictures of what is to come. :thumbs: :cheers:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts