Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
Black 2008 Saturn Sky Redline (manual)
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After some initial hesitation sanding on what is an incredibly difficult part to find for sale, I just dove in. Picked up 800, 1000, 1500, 2000, and 3000 grit sandpaper along with a meguairs refresh kit (for the polish and uv protection). Followed some basic instruction and a little bit of elbow grease and patience led to some really astounding results.

Before:

After:

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now to complete your work....put a 3m bra over your lights...it will NEVER need polishing again. My lights are 15 yrs old and like new. NO GRAYING/HAZE
The meguairs came with a can of uv protectant spray. However, the clear bra stuff would help with rock chip impacts. Have you ever replaced yours?

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will say, the ease of removal is something about this car that is unparalleled in today's world of removing the bumper to get at the assemblies.

·
Registered
18,475 Posts
The meguairs came with a can of uv protectant spray. However, the clear bra stuff would help with rock chip impacts. Have you ever replaced yours?
I have NEVER replaced my lights. My bra covers the hood, front bumper cover, rocker panels and exterior mirrors....the UV has caused little discoloring. On light cars the bra is almost invisible....the darker colors, the bra line is more noticeable but well worth the price...

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I've looked into wraps in general. Not a cheap venture. May as well save that money and put it into a good paint job

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I guess I was too worried to do them in place. Looks like they turned out great!

·
Registered
270 Posts
I also did mine, easy although the plastic lens itself was damaged. I did buy a second set of "very good" condition headlights (at top dollar) that have half the clearcoat worn off. I guess I will do those next. Taking them off the car is so simple, takes way less time than masking around them, its 5-6 torx bolts.

400-600-1000, I initially did 2000 and a megs 105-205 polish (looked great but no protection), but ended up going back down to 1000 and spraying 2k clearcoat. Turned out amazing. I will probably sell these and redo the ones without lens cracking, but was good trial run.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks great! What did you clear coat with?

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
I just wanna say thank you all for this thread. I was searching everywhere for new headlights. Now I feel comfortable giving it a shot at cleaning them myself. Hopefully it works as well as you guys did!
Make sure to not freak out throughout. It will literally be foggy until the absolute last step.

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
I will say, the ease of removal is something about this car that is unparalleled in today's world of removing the bumper to get at the assemblies.
Headlights were repackaged to make them more difficult to steal. They are low maintenance and expensive

·
Registered
3 Posts
They were easy to take off! I really like that about them. Four screws. Mine look a lot better now! Not perfect, but heck of a lot cheaper than buying new ones! I may redo them again and see if I can get them even better later on down the road. Definitely a big improvement from what they were though!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts