Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I finally found someone to sell me a set of NA headlights for my Redline. I like the idea of chrome instead of black on my silver car.

The following is a short pictorial of how I did it:

Original

Undo the two plugs, and unplug the wire loom holder on the right arrow.

The bolts holding the headlight are T-30 Torx bolts. They are not very tight.

These four bolts need to be removed. Take out all but the middle, third from the left. Then hold the headlight carefully while removing the last bolt.

Installation is the reverse of removal, and just as simple. Install each of the bolts loosley, starting with the middle one, then the rest. The headlight tends to drop low towards the middle of the car, so make sure you hold that side up before you tighten the bolts.

Reinstall the plugs and the loom plug.

Here you can see one black and one chrome.

Before

The finished product.

Obviously it is a matter of personal taste, but I think the chrome lights work great with the silver paint.

Jim :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,206 Posts
Very nice Jim,
On My white R/L now the black looks better.
My new mod came in today and are now installed. Looks great.
Mike, from DDMWorks said no one has ever done this one.
Thank you Mike they LQQK great.
Will post v.soon.
Larry

·
Registered
160 Posts
Jim, want to sell you smoked lights?

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Hmm, I think I like that..hmmm
This might rank up thar as a sticky on replacing headlamps...hmmm

BUT I have to say this, those pics with the R/L lights were dark, in the shade. Whereas those with the clear lens were out in the sunshine..:skep::huh: never the less, I think the clear lens looks better on the silver..:thumbs:

·
Registered
17,415 Posts
The chrome headlights go with silver pearl...blackened headlights r a NO NO. The darkened R/L lights go well with dark colors only...but white works well also. Silver pearl needs the chrome. Don't sell the original lights Jim...u never know.

Now..get rid of the egg yokes and the front is complete.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Nicely written up again Jim. It's nice that you take the time to document and post your work. And that was the polar opposite for me going from chrome to tinted on a black car. I'm glad you are happy. I knew they were the right fit to compliment silver pearl.:cheers:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,563 Posts
Great update Jim... perfect mod.

I am happy with my switch to RL head lights on my Silver Graphite... still need to tint the lower housings.

·
Registered
150 Posts
My first reaction was why would he want to do that, but I like it on the silver pearl. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
771 Posts
:cool: Shiny, Sparkly, Gleaming, Glossy, Shimmering… and such! :cool:

·
7,022 Posts
I have to agree with the rest of the guys.... Looks really good on the Silver Pearl...
Nice write-up Jim! :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
At least most people will think your car is a base model now. You can put the hurt on them from a light and surprise a bunch of people. I would do mine either silver or carbon fiber inside.

Here is a set that I did for my RSX. They were chrome to begin with.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts