Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ALOHA ALL.....

Just wanted to give you all a heads up in NEW ENGLAND!

Went down to a local dealership two Redlines there....

One Red...One black....One Auto...One Stick...

I was truly hoping the dealerships wouldn't have been screwing customers the way some did with the Regular sky but I was wrong.....and it is clear....I MEAN CLEAR.....SATRUN CORP IS DOING NOTHING!...I MEAN NOTHING TO STOP THIS BULL**** FROM HAPPENING!

The MSRPs had been both around $28,000 :rolleyes:

AFTER $3,000+ in OPTIONS and $3,000+ in BULL**** DEALERSHIP ADD-ONS.... :willy:

WE ARE LOOKING AT $35,000 SKY REDLINES FOR SALE! :brentil:

THIS IS JUST AN OUTRAGE and it has really SET A FIRE IN ME! :mad:

Just wanted to let you all know....DON'T GET SCREWED AGAIN!

These cars should be in your hands for $28-30Gs no more! :nono:

Alohas :cool:

·
Registered
75 Posts
SATRUN CORP IS DOING NOTHING!...I MEAN NOTHING TO STOP THIS BULL**** FROM HAPPENING!
That's because, by law, they cannot. It's called price fixing. The manufacturer can suggest a selling price (the MSRP) but cannot force the retailer, who is an independant franchisee, to conform to their price suggestion. Same thing as how McDonald's may sell a Big Mac for $1.50 in Chicago but it's $2.39 in LA. Franchising.

A direct quote from Saturn's pricing philosophy:

"Like all car dealers, each Saturn retailer, acting individually, decides the price at which it will sell a vehicle to a retail customer. Saturn strongly encourages retailers to sell every new Saturn vehicle at Saturn's M.S.R.P. and every used Saturn or non-Saturn vehicle at its current market value which will be included on the window label and/or Saturn approved mirror hang tag. However, each retailer decides this for itself and is free to sell vehicles at a price that is higher or lower than M.S.R.P. or at current market value."

That's a legal issue, not an ethics issue. Saturn tries to guide how "Saturn does things" but they cannot force a retailer to do anything.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
They try , they sent letters and give warnings. But there is nothing they can do to stop it, nothing. They would have the bigest lawsuit on there hand if they tried.

·
Registered
745 Posts
2 Redlines sitting

With no owners this Dealer must have some huge pull to have two delivered RL's sitting with no owners. Plus the sticker you said MSRP at 28k. If this dealer was going to load them up all options if you get them are over 31K. Are you sure these are Redlines? A Base with the price increases and fully loaded will come in right at 28k. If what you say is true and these are two Redlines then Saturn really are screwing over the fair dealers. SkySpy doesn't even have one order accepted for build. But they are rewarding a dealer with two of the first delivered Redlines for gouging the customers that is just wrong. but then again go on Autotrader.com there are dealers selling used Sky's with up to 10k miles for 36k so it still might be a bargain to some.
I'm glad my Redline is built and price protected I already saved 1k on price increase and if the gouging keeps happening i would expect Saturn to raise the price again. My base Sky that was delivered in March I am getting list on it in trade for Redline with 5.5k on the odometer. The two price increases of 1505.00 plus these gougers and hi demand is limiting depretiation. Not many cars can you buy and have it appretiate in the the first year after putting miles on it. My opinion saturn raise the price til you have to discount it sell then the good dealers can benefit and not just the bad ones.

·
Registered
153 Posts
With no owners this Dealer must have some huge pull to have two delivered RL's sitting with no owners. Plus the sticker you said MSRP at 28k. If this dealer was going to load them up all options if you get them are over 31K. Are you sure these are Redlines?

Good question. I didn't think there were any manual R/L's available for the time frame these would have been built in......:eek: :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
With no owners this Dealer must have some huge pull to have two delivered RL's sitting with no owners. Plus the sticker you said MSRP at 28k. If this dealer was going to load them up all options if you get them are over 31K. Are you sure these are Redlines? A Base with the price increases and fully loaded will come in right at 28k. If what you say is true and these are two Redlines then Saturn really are screwing over the fair dealers. SkySpy doesn't even have one order accepted for build. But they are rewarding a dealer with two of the first delivered Redlines for gouging the customers that is just wrong. but then again go on Autotrader.com there are dealers selling used Sky's with up to 10k miles for 36k so it still might be a bargain to some.
I'm glad my Redline is built and price protected I already saved 1k on price increase and if the gouging keeps happening i would expect Saturn to raise the price again. My base Sky that was delivered in March I am getting list on it in trade for Redline with 5.5k on the odometer. The two price increases of 1505.00 plus these gougers and hi demand is limiting depretiation. Not many cars can you buy and have it appretiate in the the first year after putting miles on it. My opinion saturn raise the price til you have to discount it sell then the good dealers can benefit and not just the bad ones.
I personally don't think they were Red Line myself. But I could be wrong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts