Saturn Sky Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thank you for the information. This will help greatly this fall when I'm home from the middle east and can start working the car again.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Thank you for the information. This will help greatly this fall when I'm home from the middle east and can start working the car again.
It was an easy fix! After you pull the control modual out there is enough room to reach in and put the resistor in the wire.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Interesting that I should stumble across this post. My 2007 Red Line with 23,000 miles is now suddenly showing the same problem. With A/C on, dial turned full to the left, it's ice cold. One notch to the right and it's full heat. I tried the calibration, with no change. I don't have the talent or inclination to solder in a resistor. Would probably end up toasting the whole dash. Will just have to live with it, I guess. I very rarely use either the heat or A/C anyway.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thought I'd resurrect an old thread, as I've now solved the problem. RockAuto has a Dorman Heater Blend Door Actuator 604188 for $20.79. There is an excellent youtube video on the Soltice Forum that shows how to remove and install the actuator. Awkward, but doable. Should take about thirty minutes. Word of advice though, kneel beside the car and work with your left hand as far as removing/replacing the three screws. I spent an hour laying on my back under the drivers side dash, before I finally gave up and called it quits. Couldn't see/access the third screw. Went back and looked at the video and saw that a simple thing can make a lot of difference.
BTW, this actuator replacement did solve the problem. I now have all the variations of heat/cold throughout the temperature dial range. I had read on another forum that this fix may be temporary, but so far, so good.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Thought I'd resurrect an old thread, as I've now solved the problem. RockAuto has a Dorman Heater Blend Door Actuator 604188 for $20.79. There is an excellent youtube video on the Soltice Forum that shows how to remove and install the actuator. Awkward, but doable. Should take about thirty minutes. Word of advice though, kneel beside the car and work with your left hand as far as removing/replacing the three screws. I spent an hour laying on my back under the drivers side dash, before I finally gave up and called it quits. Couldn't see/access the third screw. Went back and looked at the video and saw that a simple thing can make a lot of difference.
BTW, this actuator replacement did solve the problem. I now have all the variations of heat/cold throughout the temperature dial range. I had read on another forum that this fix may be temporary, but so far, so good.
For those like me and too lazy to search, here you go! Thanks to Conrad Storz for the video.

·
Registered
527 Posts
The procedure provided, i think by Small Dealer :
This is good information. I printed it and put it in my owners manual in case I need it in the future.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Thanks for linking in that video SARBlade. Good to hear you got the problem resolved kplange.
I'm not as literate or forum savvy more lazy, but pass my time pointing and clicking when working my shift.. I know how many forum readers would read something then say why no picture, I know I do, so this one was a no brainer, I didn't even have to make the video!! Lol

·
Registered
216 Posts
I clearly enjoy bringing old threads back to life :)

I've got a 2007 2.4L with an inoperative "air distribution" system. It is stuck blowing only through the dash-level vents. Can't get it to blow at foot level or defrost level. I've tested the control knob by verifying that pushing it turns on rear window defrost, and twisting it to the far right engages the A/C compressor. Seems it's commanding properly so I surmise the distribution actuator isn't responding.

I've looked through the factory service manual and can't identify the actuator. In the old days, this would be a vacuum powered motor but I don't know what's in the Sky. Can someone describe it to me? Or maybe where it is? A diagram would be awesome!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I changed the module, was not to difficult, but it still does the same thing. one click off of cold you can watch the dial on the module go all the way over to hot.

what is my next step. Tks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
the part is located directly under the steering wheel. about 2" in diameter, paid about $35.00
small square box. I hooked up the wiring, but did not mount. when I move the thermostat just one click, the white gear moves the entire distance, instead of just a little to indicate just a slight change in temp. it keeps going all the way till the dial stops.

tks. for your input. I do appreciate it .

·
Registered
4,185 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
yes, I did the calibration twice with no positive effect.
however, I will look for the post with the info on resistor and give it a shot.

tks.

·
Super Moderator
11,385 Posts
TS is our resident electrical guy (god) so you're in good hands with him.

I seem to remember something about this where if something went bad you basically had full cold or full hot. Having the dial in anything other than the full cold position resulted in full hot...or something like that. This sounds like that issue.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Thought I'd close the loop on this. I determined that the vent selection actuator is termed
  • "HVAC Mode Door Actuator"
  • GM Part No.: 10397365 (ACDelco 15-73200)
$20 on Amazon but you have to remove the Instrument Panel Tie Bar to get at it, pulling the entire dash cover out first.

I've got a 2007 2.4L with an inoperative "air distribution" system. It is stuck blowing only through the dash-level vents. Can't get it to blow at foot level or defrost level. I've tested the control knob by verifying that pushing it turns on rear window defrost, and twisting it to the far right engages the A/C compressor. Seems it's commanding properly so I surmise the distribution actuator isn't responding.

I've looked through the factory service manual and can't identify the actuator. In the old days, this would be a vacuum powered motor but I don't know what's in the Sky. Can someone describe it to me? Or maybe where it is? A diagram would be awesome!

·
Registered
19 Posts
with all due respect, air distribution is not the issue. I just went through all the different levels and air comes out exactly where it is supposed to. but on any level that it is set, one click of the temp control knob from cold, brings the heat to full on.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts