Saturn Sky Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
17,755 Posts
with all due respect, air distribution is not the issue. I just went through all the different levels and air comes out exactly where it is supposed to. but on any level that it is set, one click of the temp control knob from cold, brings the heat to full on.
Your actuator needs to be replaced...go to u tube...instructions r there

·
Registered
6 Posts
had the same. move knob one notch off of cold and it would be blazing hot. one day i turned the knob to the hot and back and forth. it started working. i'm in orlando and i don't have much use for heat. i assume that flap started moving again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
tks, also found video on how to take dash out.

appreciate all the post.
Sir, do you or anyone know why / how the resistor works to correct this a/c temp. control knob? I'm 71 yrs old and trying to prepare myself to take the lower dash out..not really a mechanic but learning as i go.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Sir, do you or anyone know why / how the resistor works to correct this a/c temp. control knob?
I cannot find the source now, but I remember that a reference voltage on that pin was out of range and so the AC controller would go into fail-safe mode. Adding the resistor brought that reference into range and made the controller happy.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I did the resistor install on one of my Sky's. It didn't fix the problem. The problem was one of the actuators. The gear slips on the motor shaft internal to the actuator and throws off the calibration. The nylon gear is held in place by friction. They should have serated the motor shaft so the gear couldn't slip.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I wonder if in rdantone's case, if following the climate control calibration process will resolve his problem without further involvement. I did and it did.

rdantine, this is the process.

Actuator Calibration
When replacing an air temperature, mode, recirculation actuator or the HVAC control assembly, the following calibration process needs to be performed:

Important: Do not adjust any controls on the HVAC control assembly during self-calibration. If interrupted, improper HVAC performance will result.

1) Turn ON the ignition with the engine OFF.

2) Turn the Temperature dial all the way to the right.

3) Turn the blower control dial all the way to the right.

4) Turn the mode position dial all the way to the left.

5) Simultaneously press and hold the A/C and Defrost buttons until the LED's start to flash.

6) Once the LED's stop flashing, calibration is complete.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I did the resistor install on one of my Sky's. It didn't fix the problem. The problem was one of the actuators. The gear slips on the motor shaft internal to the actuator and throws off the calibration. The nylon gear is held in place by friction. They should have serated the motor shaft so the gear couldn't slip.
I did the resistor install just last month. Worked great. But I had to change my actuators first to find out they were not the problem.

·
Registered
653 Posts
The gear slips on the motor shaft internal to the actuator and throws off the calibration. The nylon gear is held in place by friction. They should have serrated the motor shaft so the gear couldn't slip.
It was sad to read of this.

I wonder if recalibrating resets things again, even if only until slippage occurs again. I also wonder if it is wiser to open the unit and lock the gear to the shaft rather than replace the unit only to have the problem occur again.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts