Saturn Sky Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
With the actuator replaced- can you hear the function actually work when you
shift the temperature control from one extreme to another as John has suggested?
If the blend door does not physically function there will be no re-direct of heated
fluid to the core for operation.

The only fuses I think would apply here maybe are- #10 & #16 in the floor box
in the passenger foot well. Both control the Climate Control system. You never know.
They may not be bad but a check and reseat can't hurt any? Try recalibration after
this reset of those fuses. The under the hood fuse box- I think the only ones that would
apply are the fan controls, which you know are good since the car runs at normal temps.
The fan blower motor works for the HVAC controls- you are getting power and fan speeds.

Could the actuator replaced be- bad? Maybe not likely. If it fails to do it's job, opening
the blend door or a fuse reseat- the control pod functions fail to be recalibrated preventing
the flow of warm air to the interior cabin space. The only other thing I can think of is maybe
one of the circuits on the HVAC control board has gone bad- loose solder connection or contact
connection preventing full function or operation.

LAC

·
Registered
85 Posts
It wouldn't hurt to check your actuators' electrical connectors for humidity. Clean them with contact cleaner spray and if available you can use compressed air to blow onto the actuator's and the harness connector's pins before spraying the contact cleaner.

Get beneath your dash and ask someone to turn on the ignition and turn the temp did all the way to the left (max cold) the start turning towards hot one click a time. Each click on the dial should make the actuator move a little.

Check this thread on Solstice Forum, it might be helpful.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok, I have this problem now. I have a 2007 Sky with about 73K miles on it, second owner. For a long time, the heater controls would work just fine. Then it started doing this same activity. Hot or Cold, no in between. I found the video about the actuator and actually purchased one and tried to replace it today. Before completing the replacement, I checked if it stepped and it did not. I performed the recalibration (wrong way first and then as described above: Temp-Right, Speed-Right, Mode-Left). No difference. I checked the fuses #10 and #16 under passenger dash - both are good (10amp). I am truly at a loss here. I've spent the last two hours trying things and searching forums - any other ideas would really be appreciated. My back is killing me from trying to replace that actuator....:)

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
If the air is changing from hot to cold, then the actuator is working! You did the re-calibration, so that's not the problem. Final possibility is that the sensor voltage has gone out of whack (a technical term). There was a TSB out for this many years ago. See Agent's post here, and then the follow-up with links a couple of posts below that: (1) Air conditioner compressor comes when cabin button pushed. | Pontiac Solstice Forum

Reactions: agent008
21 - 29 of 29 Posts