Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning. My wife has loved the Sky's for years and we finally bought one yesterday. It's an 07 base model 5 speed that someone prior added a turbo set up to. I want to return it to stock. Anyone out there have an original air induction setup and original exhaust manifold and catalytic convertor they want to trade for the entire turbo setup?

I'm not sure who did the install or how long ago it was done. I have no info on the setup. It runs fine but needs a hole welded in the welded tube exhaust manifold which I can do once I remove it.

Jeff

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Good morning. My wife has loved the Sky's for years and we finally bought one yesterday. It's an 07 base model 5 speed that someone prior added a turbo set up to. I want to return it to stock. Anyone out there have an original air induction setup and original exhaust manifold and catalytic convertor they want to trade for the entire turbo setup?

I'm not sure who did the install or how long ago it was done. I have no info on the setup. It runs fine but needs a hole welded in the welded tube exhaust manifold which I can do once I remove it.

Jeff
Welcome to the forum.

If you are unable to find a trade here you might want to try Pontiac Solstice Forum since the two cras are essentially identical and use the same mechanical parts.
Most of us belong to both forums because of the similarities between the cars.

Also, forum member @Hoosier GXP deals in a lot of used parts, and Redline Auto Parts in Orlando FL has been a god source of used parts as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John, thanks so much for the reply. I tried Redline Motorsports....no luck. I will try Mr. Hoosier and the Solstice forum as well. I build hotrods as a hobby, but don't really know much about the Sky/Soltice other than my wife really wanted one! This one was so nice that we bought it even though she can't drive a stick! She's learning quickly!

Jeff

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I suspect that you may be the only member here who has a base with a turbo kit that wants to go back to stock.
We have several people who have added the turbo to the base, but I don't remember anyone going the other direction.

Just curious, but do you have a specific reason for doing this? I would have thought that you'd have paid extra for a "turbo-ed" base.
If you didn't want the turbo setup, wouldn't it have been easier/cheaper to just buy a "normal" base Sky?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I knew I was going to get heck for that! I build custom hot rods at night, but for my wife, I just wanted it super simple. The car was so nice and clean and I got a good price on it, I couldn't pass it up. There is a hole in the exhaust manifold which is a welded tube design, that I need to fix, and as I removed everything to get it off, I figured I'd rather just put it back to stock. I'm going to fix the hole in the manifold with some TIG welding. All of the fasteners are good and the car ran great other than having a catalyst efficiency code because the cat was removed.

I'll trade straight up for the stock parts and will show / help anyone that wants to install the turbo setup.

Jeff

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
I knew I was going to get heck for that! I build custom hot rods at night, but for my wife, I just wanted it super simple. The car was so nice and clean and I got a good price on it, I couldn't pass it up. There is a hole in the exhaust manifold which is a welded tube design, that I need to fix, and as I removed everything to get it off, I figured I'd rather just put it back to stock. I'm going to fix the hole in the manifold with some TIG welding. All of the fasteners are good and the car ran great other than having a catalyst efficiency code because the cat was removed.

I'll trade straight up for the stock parts and will show / help anyone that wants to install the turbo setup.

Jeff
ECM programming may be a problem for the car that gets your turbo, as it will have to be tuned.
Your ECM will have to be re-tuned to stock, whether at a dealer or by someone with access to the GM database is optional.

·
Registered
37 Posts

Jeff
That's a hell of a deal for someone. I'm sure you'll find a take in literally no time at all.

·
Registered
16 Posts

Jeff
Would love to trade you but I am just not mechanically inclined. Then I'd have to figure out how to have it installed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Would love to trade you but I am just not mechanically inclined. Then I'd have to figure out how to have it installed.
Good morning Kelly. Do you live local to SE Michigan? I would swap the hoods. Is your car silver?

Jeff

·
Registered
2007 emerald green 2.4
120 Posts

Jeff
Hey Jeff , I just converted "mom's car" from stock N/A to turbo a few months ago. It's a 2007 2.4 automatic, I pretty much have everything you would need to go back to stock, injectors, new plugs,exhaust manifold, most of the original intake ducting, and a stock map sensor ..shipping it all from Florida may be an issue. I don't think it would be too hard to put the stock tune back in it but plugging the oil return on the block would be my concern.
I will be honest with you, unless your set on it, the car was a "dog" before I put the turbo on.. fun, but couldn't keep up with much naturally aspirated.

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Hey Jeff , I just converted "mom's car" from stock N/A to turbo a few months ago. It's a 2007 2.4 automatic, I pretty much have everything you would need to go back to stock, injectors, new plugs,exhaust manifold, most of the original intake ducting, and a stock map sensor ..shipping it all from Florida may be an issue. I don't think it would be too hard to put the stock tune back in it but plugging the oil return on the block would be my concern.
I will be honest with you, unless your set on it, the car was a "dog" before I put the turbo on.. fun, but couldn't keep up with much naturally aspirated.
I think this "dog" is a bit extreme, and not very accurate.

·
Registered
2007 emerald green 2.4
120 Posts
Ok, " dog" may be overstating it,.... compared to how the car drives now and how it drove when I got it, I thought it was accurate enough. I'm offering everything I took off so I'm obviously not opposed to going back to stock, just not something I would do after driving it for a year naturally aspirated and wishing it had even a little more power. I get it though, especially if its going to be the wife's car!

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
.......... especially if its going to be the wife's car!
I know several women who would be happy to take you to school about that rather unenlightened attitude.

·
Registered
2007 emerald green 2.4
120 Posts
I know several women who would be happy to take you to school about that rather unenlightened attitude.
I only ment that in the sense of being a husband and wanting the wife in something reliable and safe.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts