Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked up some 19x8s from an Alfa Romeo Giulia about a month back. The Giulia comes with Brembos so I am hoping these clear the Cobalt SS Brembos. Other than that, they are the same bolt pattern and hub bore. Offset is +33 so they stick out about 7/8" more. The cone angle is 60* just like the sky, you can just use your factory lug nuts.

I think they look great! They give it a real 4C look. I need to figure out what to do about the center caps, the saturn ones dont fit. Once the car is lowered these will be great.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I couldn't wait to see if these cleared the Cobalt SS Brembos

Brembo clearance success. These really are just about the perfect wheels for this car. They clear by about 9-10mm.

-

·
Registered
332 Posts
You beat me to them, and super glad to see they fit. I'm toying with the idea of doing something to fix the offset, as I dont want them sticking out so much. They look great. Where did you get them and how much?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You beat me to them, and super glad to see they fit. I'm toying with the idea of doing something to fix the offset, as I dont want them sticking out so much. They look great. Where did you get them and how much?
There really is no fixing the offset. Nothing to fix though to be honest, they are about 1/8-1/4" inside the fenders still. Look close to dead even. These wheels were made for this car:

-

-

I paid $1000 for them on facebook marketplace. They are actually a winter set for a guy who sold his Giulia so they have just about new Nokian studless tires on them. I need to get some Pilot Cup's to put on but just not sure I will keep them. I want to get a set of Tecnicos and this is far from a daily driver for me so easy enough to let it sit on the Nokians for now :D

·
Registered
674 Posts
Why do you have winter tires on already??? You're going to destroy them over then next 3 months!!

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I like the look of this:

more than I do this:

OTOH, I love this one:

·
Registered
104 Posts
The Alfas look nicer.
Maybe it's the angle, but the OP's Sky with the Giulia's wheels looked a bit jacked-up and oversized.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
I'm so happy to see you making this your own car.
I'm super excited to see the before and after on the seats.
Did you open the box to see what I put in there for you?????

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
The Alfas look nicer.
Maybe it's the angle, but the OP's Sky with the Giulia's wheels looked a bit jacked-up and oversized.
Yes, it is clearly too high, but he spoke of lowering it and it will look better then.

I am generally against going to larger diameter wheels than stock (it usually ends up increasing unsprung weight and is detrimental to handling) but if there isn't much/any weight increase to those wheels, they do look rather nice.

OTOH, if it looks too high just because the tires are much lower profile than stock, that is also likely to be detrimental to both ride and handling, but he probably had to drop to a lower profile to end up with the same rolling radius and keep the speedo accurate.

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
The Giulia uses (in at least one trim) 225/40-19 vs the Sky's 245/45-18, with outside diameters of 26.09 vs 26.68 respectively.

In reading the thread it sounds that the tires shown on the car came with the wheels, so there seems a pretty good chance that they are 225/40-19.

The fore-aft clearance looks consistent with the somewhat smaller tires, but the top clearance seems excessive, so maybe a camera-angle illusion?

One source I found listed the five-hole wheels at 23 lbs.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
As our stock wheels are around 23 lbs. that means no penalty from that direction. Would love to see it at correct ride height and fender gap.

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
As our stock wheels are around 23 lbs. that means no penalty from that direction. Would love to see it at correct ride height and fender gap.
With the smaller tires it is already lower than stock, so it seems that changing to the final tires should be a prerequisite to doing anything else.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They are indeed 225/40/19s. They just came on the wheels. I ordered some closeout 245/40/19 Bridgestone Potenza RE71R tires from DiscountTireDirect, they should be here and on the car this week. This will fill out the gap a bit better, but car needs to be lowered. I have the BC coilovers coming.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Based on the specs these wheels are m14X1.5 while ours are m12. Any issues?
How's the weight vs stock?
Tire spec?
The hole is big enough and the cone angle is the same, so they seem to fit fine. Also, the rims are hub centric as we share the same center bore size with the alfas.

I'm so happy to see you making this your own car.
I'm super excited to see the before and after on the seats.
Did you open the box to see what I put in there for you?????
Haha no but I will today!

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
car needs to be lowered. I have the BC coilovers coming.
Good idea, Their range overs stock plus and minus a reasonable amount so you should be able to adjust to your needs. Advise against going too low if you need to crest steep driveways or speed bumps, though.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts