Saturn Sky Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
To the OP, thank you for finding out about the fitment for Alfa wheels. That gives us another option for those that want to change wheels.

Not convinced about the cloverleaf's myself, but that's just me. I do like the wheel color though.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
They dont rub at all. They are the same diameter and width as stock. Not sure why it looks jacked, maybe because wide angle mode or because the sidewall is thinner so it accentuates the fender gap. The tire is literally the exact same size as stock except for the sidewall.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
To the OP, thank you for finding out about the fitment for Alfa wheels. That gives us another option for those that want to change wheels.

Not convinced about the cloverleaf's myself, but that's just me. I do like the wheel color though.
I dont blame you. To be honest I kind of hated the 5 hole style when I first bought them but wanted to use these until I was able to get a set of the forged Tecnicos. They grow on you though and now I rather like them.

·
Administrator
7,088 Posts
They dont rub at all. They are the same diameter and width as stock. Not sure why it looks jacked, maybe because wide angle mode or because the sidewall is thinner so it accentuates the fender gap. The tire is literally the exact same size as stock except for the sidewall.
The gap looks wrong to me also, but only at the top. Maybe it is the lighting.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Stock kappa wheel gaps - your larger gaps may just be the wheels - are the diameters of the tires spot on what the stock 18" were?

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Those look tighter than stock to me…
On my car, which I fitted with height adjustable BC Racing shocks, we carefully measured stock ride height and set it to exactly the same height after swapping shocks. All of this was done in the first few months of ownership so nothing had any time to settle. I had a brow to my driveway that mandated not going any lower than stock.

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
I personally recommend stainless steel brake lines and a fresh fluid flush with Dot4. Those 2 things will set you up for success.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
I solved the center cap issue with some surgery.

Prying off the outer metal piece from the plastic mounting disc on both the Alfa and the Saturn center caps was straightforward

Gas Font Circle Wood Metal

-
Wood Gas Nickel Circle Metal

Then it was just a matter of installing the Saturn medallion on the Alfa mounting ring:

Automotive tire Wood Automotive wheel system Font Circle

-
Wood Circle Composite material Gas Auto part

-
Automotive tire Wood Gas Composite material Automotive wheel system

And then installing on the car:

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

41 - 57 of 57 Posts