Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Saturn Sky Redline in 2016 after my Elantra was totaled. I was sad to see my Elantra go but I love my Sky! This car is so much fun to drive and I get compliments everywhere I go. I love that this car has a unique body so it stands out in a sea of sameness. I plan on keeping this car until the end of its days. :grin:

·
Registered
17,336 Posts
I bought my Saturn Sky Redline in 2016 after my Elantra was totaled. I was sad to see my Elantra go but I love my Sky! This car is so much fun to drive and I get compliments everywhere I go. I love that this car has a unique body so it stands out in a sea of sameness. I plan on keeping this car until the end of its days. :grin:
Is it a PINK SKY?

·
Registered
854 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Good first post too, had all the right key phrases to describe how many Sky owners feel about our model.
Love my Sky...
SO much fun to drive...
I get compliments everywhere I go..
unique body...
so it stands out in a sea of sameness...

I could not have said it any better myself than those descriptions you used. I think that other owners here will agree with me on your view here.
Loss of your car... "totaled" is a saddening word to any owner. I know the feeling... Sad to see it go... but then everything changed in my little world when I went out and replaced my former joy.... and bought the Sky. It's so fun to drive. So that is what has been "missing" lately in my daily commute. Duh. My how my life has changed so much.. from the sameness of all the look a like vehicles I see at every intersection these days. My co-workers have been wondering.. Did I get a raise from our boss lately? How could I afford such an exotic looking sports car as that thing sitting in our parking lot.. the insurance rates must be through the roof for her! I am.. attracting far to much attention by all the compliments/smiles/stares I have been receiving lately at my gas stops. Such is life these days..

Till the end of days... Permagrin. Happens to the best of us.

LAC

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hello yourself, and welcome. You are right, the Sky is a good looking car and fun to drive. I have owned mine for 13 years and still love it. There is a lot to learn here so stay tuned.
"The Sky's The Limit"

:patriot:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Yeah... I have a Base.

I've owned the car for 2 years now. And I've put 18K miles on it.

I purchased it from a dealer for 8K and I've put about 6K into it.

It's paid for and I have the title.

It has Skyple branding. Replaced the Monsoon with a powerful 1,000$ system.

Redline headlamps, alloy wheels, new tires, a few tune-ups, OEM dual exhaust. Tinted windows.

Built-in Nuvi/3" GPS. Norm's fenders. DDMWorks rear-sway-bar and ProBeam.

The resale value of the car is maybe 7K. But I enjoy every minute of driving the car. So I don't care that much about the money.

I figure I'll own the car four more years.

And it turns heads. It's not a 2016 new Camaro (the 2018/19 styling I don't like).

But I'm happy with it.

This month we're installing a new set of high-performance tires - with lettering from tirestickers.com.

I'm looking forward to posting pics here.

Maybe the next project will be to replace the convertible top.

Or maybe replace the driver-seat cover and cushion. After 111K it's getting stretched.

But maybe I'll focus on paying off my credit card debt.

The car is pretty nice now and doesn't need so much attention.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts