Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I know on weekends not many people are on the forum, but I need advice ASAP! My Sky (only had about a week) has some insulation oozing out from under the bottom of it. I thought there were some leaves trapped under the car on the driver's side of the undercarriage. I bent down to get them and noticed some pink and gray stuff oozing out of the car. It looks sort of like bubble gum (the pink stuff) and styrofoam (the grey stuff). I took some photos but I'm at my mom's house and my digital camera won't work on her computer.

I am supposed to drive about 250 miles (round trip to San Diego) tomorrow and I'm scared something is wrong with my car, and since this is on Sunday I can't get a service rep to look at it. Can anyone out there right now please go look under their Sky and tell me if they have any grey/pink stuff like insulate. Sorry my description is so vague and the photos won't work but until I get home tonight to post the pictures that is the best way I can describe it.

Is this something urgent to take care of?
Is this something minor I can do next week?
Or did a rabid UCLA fan put plastic explosives under my vehicle?

Anyone out there please help ASAP!!!!!!:willy:

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Not a problem. A lot of Skys and Sols have that. Mine has it. It's dry, right?
It's just that sealant stuff or whatever it is, looking pretty.
Sorry for the incomplete explaination, wanted to reply quickly.

Not urgent. Not really a problem or issue. Just cosmetic.

Drive on.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
yep, I have it to. just like cerebrus said, some kind of foam they squirt in and this is just alittle overflow. I think some have had it trimmed off by the dealer but mine is still there. I thought it would wear away or fall of but after 9000 miles, its still there. You'll be ok!

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Same here. Looks like some type of foam/filler/glue used between parts to prevent squeaks or maybe water from getting in the framework.

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
i took a razor and shaved mine flush, they were the size of golf balls hanging down

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Big thanks out there to all who replied. You were all correct. I took it in to a dealer this afternoon. The service rep leaned down to look at it, and yelled "Ewwwwww!" The service tech leaned down and said, "Yep, it is normal, just insulation." Me being the girl I am, I sheepishly asked him, "Can you push it up or do something to it, because it really skeeves me out." He kindly shaved it down and then they washed my car. I tell you, I love Saturn. I don't regret leaving my Mercedes for an instant (ask me again when the honeymoon period is over and I miss a hard top in the winter, or trunk space when Christmas shopping)!!

Thanks again everyone. Yay, Raven is a pretty girl again!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
84 Posts
I too noticed it this weekend when bathing her:jester: I like the ideas presented about taking a razor and shaving it off, sort of like a shower and a shave.:D

·
Registered
192 Posts
I took delivery of my Sky on Mar. 29th and it had it. Had the dealer trim it. It's sad to know that a car delivered in Aug. still had it. Sounds like QC is falling asleep on the job up at Wilmington. I would think that would be one of the checks at final.

Currently have over 10,000 miles on Chili Pepper and waiting on a redline. I'm #5 on the list and 2 have been delivered. Mine is for sale if you know anyone interested. I'm located in Muncie, Indiana.:driving:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.