Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys as the title says, I flashed a Trifecta tune for the 3 bar sensor onto my redline. Everything seems fine then car won't even turn over. I run the codes and I get U0101 which is a FRIGGEN TCM communication code. I HAVE A MANUAL. I DON"T EVEN KNOW THAT I HAVE A TCM!!!

ANy help would be appreciated. I tried reflashing that tune because I have the 3 bar sensors and still the same!!! UGH!!

·
Registered
386 Posts
You should have saved the original flash to a backup file. Try to restore it. In general, Trifecta tunes typically ask if you wish to also flash the TCM. You shouldn't if you don't have an automatic.

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
Flashing a processor is always a risk, and it is possible that you have "bricked" the ECM.

The wrong sensors will not prevent the car from starting, although they will generate a code if it does start. That said, putting the old ones back should be a matter of a screw and a plug, assuming you got the newer plug-in sensors.

My first step would be to restore the last working tune and see what happens.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right now I have a battery charger on the car to make sure it wasn't just a low car battery...

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm going to give it two hours then flash the old tune back on with the charger on the battery. I don't know that it is the battery since I just replaced it but I want to take that out of the equation...

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
You said that the engine will not turn over. What does happen when you try to start it? Do the lights turn on, etc?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, all lights turn on and it acts like it has full power then I go to start it and it just clicks.

That said, I heard back fro Trifecta and they are having me force full flash the calibration right now.

I'll let you know what happens.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did the force full reflash per Trifectas order and still nothing. I told them I think this calibration was wrong for my car, and I'm hoping they didn't just brick my ECM!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So like expected Trifecta blames battery even though I told them it started before the flash and that I had it on a charger through the flash to not lose power..

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I also keep getting the u0101 tum communication code which doesn't make sense and it doesn't even ask me anything about an auto transmission..

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
A TCM Comm fault definitely sounds ominous, but the "click", depending on what is clicking, sounds like the ECM is telling the solenoid to operate.

If the ECM is looking for communication from the TCM (that you don't have) for permission to start, that is likely to be the main problem, and i think you have to solve that first.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, I told them I want a new calibration for my GM Stage 1 sensors and I want them to make sure it's correct! I'm really hesitant to keep releasing like this...Ive heard the more you reflash the more likely there could be a bricking of the ECM.

I'm hoping they will check bc that Mike guy they have a front line sales is an ******* and just keeps trying to blame **** that I know is not wrong.. Put it this way..I have a secondary portable jump starting unit that tells me it recognizes the battery when hooked up and is ready to jump it and STILL the car will not turn over. I know it's not the battery!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just so I clear I bought the GM Stage 1 sensors and pigtails from paw. Those plugins only go one way right?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So omg!!! That idiot Michael tells me that TCM code can be thrown by manual transmission cars and that wouldn't prevent it from starting etc...he said its not the tune.

I told him to have Steven the tuner put together another GM stage 1 sensor tune to make sure it's not the tune....He LIED and said Steven review the previous tune and there was nothing wrong with it.

So I'm now mad and to prove him wrong I reflash my last working tune and what do you know...it starts right up!

So I reply to him that I now know he lied and Steven didnt see it and I now know unequivocally that the tune was wrong so I want THE RIGHT TUNE!

I then finished the communication by thanking him for the customer service.

This guy is the worst and misrepresents trifecta acting like he knows anything when someone is trying to info from the actual experts!

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
Its good that you know what the problem is, at least.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah. After I told them I flashed back to stock started then flashed back to GM Stage 1 tune didn't start then flashed to last working tune and it started again I think they get it..

·
Registered
439 Posts
Your car will start with the 2.5 BAR tune for 3.0BAR MAP sensors and vice versa. You just cannot "boost" it until you have the proper tune because you can cause damage. When I had my dyno tune done, I had 3.0BAR sensors installed and had to drive it 2 miles down the road to their dyno shop. No CEL, car started fine and even got a little boost from a stop light. It never set a code and was completely fine....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts