Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yeah. It really is weird that the tune caused that but basically they must have accidentally click something wrong in the parameters.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So it took two days but Trifecta finally admitted their first tune was "corrupted" and supposedly "resent" the original tune to me. That obviously allowed my car to start. If they hadn't been aholes initially it wouldn't have mattered though..lol

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
So it took two days but Trifecta finally admitted their first tune was "corrupted" and supposedly "resent" the original tune to me. That obviously allowed my car to start. If they hadn't been aholes initially it wouldn't have mattered though..lol
So, is "corrupted" a new synonym for "wrong"? It appears to be at Trifecta.

Do you now have the correct (ie: un-corrupted) tune?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well the car starts on the new tune. I haven't taken it out and driven it yet but at least it now starts.

It's just dumb that it took that long for them to actually look at the frighten tune and admit it was wrong. The easiest giveaway was the fact that my friggen cel came on to tell me I had a TCM error!

For them to come back and say that oh well it can do then when you have a low battery and the tune won't flash etc but that won't cause it not to start is the stupidest thing I've ever heard!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys as the title says, I flashed a Trifecta tune for the 3 bar sensor onto my redline. Everything seems fine then car won't even turn over. I run the codes and I get U0101 which is a FRIGGEN TCM communication code. I HAVE A MANUAL. I DON"T EVEN KNOW THAT I HAVE A TCM!!!

ANy help would be appreciated. I tried reflashing that tune because I have the 3 bar sensors and still the same!!! UGH!!
Do you have an automatic transmission??? U type codes are can line codes. A twisted pair of wires that link up all the computers in the vehicle. The ECM,SIR, BCM ect. Most likely you have a bad connection at one of the connector terminals. Do you have a GM service manual if so read the power distribution and communication schematics. Find the harness routine. You could have a wire that rub though the insulation and is shorting to ground or voltage. You will need a Fluke meter DVOM to diagnose the issue.
satrndoc.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Do you have an automatic transmission??? U type codes are can line codes. A twisted pair of wires that link up all the computers in the vehicle. The ECM,SIR, BCM ect. Most likely you have a bad connection at one of the connector terminals. Do you have a GM service manual if so read the power distribution and communication schematics. Find the harness routine. You could have a wire that rub though the insulation and is shorting to ground or voltage. You will need a Fluke meter DVOM to diagnose the issue.
satrndoc.
Thanks, but you are definitely late to the thread. My car is not an automatic, it's a manual.

Also as my last few posts stated the non starting and code issue was a result of a bad tune from Trifecta. They sent a new one and it's fine now.

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
.....Also as my last few posts stated the non starting and code issue was a result of a bad tune from Trifecta. They sent a new one and it's fine now.
I'm glad that they finally fixed their error and got you a good tune.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Yeah, I was going to say...holy crap what more do you want?

No..the new tune works I sent another datalog to Trifecta along with a request to make the car more responsive and seems like they didn't do anything really.

Basically now when I'm in second gear at like 35 mph or any gear really at a lower rpm and floor it I can feel at least a second of hesitation from the ecu like it's trying to figure out if I floored it or not. Then it incrementally increases input until finally going wot. I was hoping it was some safety thing that GM put into the ecu that could be shut off or something, but guess not.

Do you guys have that happen too?

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
My wife's Mazda (non-turbo) does that and it is annoying. Seems to stumble when you apply full throttle and than catch up.

Sorry you had a less than perfect experience with Trifecta. Back in the days when I was dealing with them, it was just Vince personally and that sort of thing never seemed to happen. I'm not sure what (if any?) involvement he continues to have with the tuning these days.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Yeah. I'm almost certain the issue has to be tunable to allow for quicker acknowledgement that I'm flooring it.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts