Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked some of you before about the interior, he's a big guy and said he'd probably not fit, well I think you all answered him on that!

Now he read the problems w/the top going up and said I'd never be able to do it on my own. :mad: I'm an average woman who uses her Select Tech regularly, I think I can do it!

Plus we live in the Midwest where there are maybe 4 good days a year for owning a ragtop. LOL So he said it'd sit in the garage all the time.

And then there's the insurance. 'sigh'

So give me the reasons its ok to get one! We're in our 50's and I'm having a serious mid-life crisis! Not to mention that all my life I've driven 'practical' cars and just once in my life, I want to be impractical, throw caution to the wind, not care that I can't drive this car in 4ft of snow or 90+ temps. I want to fly down that highway with stereo blasting and believe in my own mind that I'm still cool. :cool:

Help me, please! LOL

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Tell him topless two seaters beats getting a car where you fit four men in it instead of just one and explain more clearly that this is exactly what midlife crisis means for chicks. :lol: :lol: And just do it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
sometimes you need to just let your hair down and just go for it
So now is the time for you and just purchase the car drive down that road
with the radio as loud as it can go and enjoy your life.

life is short don't let anything or anyone stop you from doing what you want.

·
Registered
12 Posts
2 words...

ITS SWEET!!!

Ever sinse Lutz unveiled the Solstice ~4 years ago, this model has been fenominal. This car is made in Wilmington Delaware, engineered here in Warren....

Looks better than a miata/s2000/z4/insert other roadster here that costs twice as much.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Midlife crisis

Tell your husband that another guy in the midwest (Ohio) has a Sky and his son and grandson are 6'-2" and 6'-4" and weigh about 260 each have driven the car with plenty of room. My wife, who is small can put the top up and down with no trouble. Regarding the insurance, we have 4 other cars - two of which are roadsters (talk about you mid life crisis) runs $500 per year. That equates to about $1.38 per day. Since the Sky averages about 25 mpg fuel savings should offset the annual insurance. But really, you can't put a price on fun! Obviously your husband does not know much about roadsters and weather. The heater in the Sky is awesome. You drop the top, crank up the heater on a cold day and as you bop along at 50 mph the warm air blankets over you. If you have a wait at a stop light you even have turn the blower down it gets so hot. I say go ahead and have that mid life crisis. With your new Sky, you can join a roadster car club, meet some great folks and go to some places together that you never knew existed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha, you guys are great!

I'm going to print these answers out and put them right on his pillow. :lol:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
You know what did it for me (opposite here -- I want it wife did (note -- past tense) not want it.)
I sat her down and told her -- a lot of what you mentioned. Then I added this:
If it is GOD-AWFUL and we hate it -- we just sell it after a couple fo years. Sure we will lose a few grand over it.. but let's give it a shot? Why the HECK not! I plan on retiring in about 4-5 years which is about 4-5 years later than I had planned - but I did the houses - the kids - helping everyone. This is for me -- to give me the incentive to work for 4-5 more years...

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Tell him life is too short not to have the things you enjoy. If you are looking for it, you can find fault in anything, but don't bring up his!:lol: Ask if there aren't cars in the past he had a chance to buy and didn't and regretted it? Tell him now is the time to stop regretting. Have him try on the Solstice and see how it fits. Chances are, he will fit fine, and there you go!:thumbs:

Good Luck!:D

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Rick, Rick, Rick...thats the way I feel to. My wife and I have help our kids buy houses, cars, and about eveything else, this Car is for us, My wife didnt realy get into the SKY till she drove it last Sunday..now she is calling our dealer for updates....I have RET twice..dont like it..just started my 3 little company...now I'm happy...Seal9:cheers:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Globix said:
I asked some of you before about the interior, he's a big guy and said he'd probably not fit, well I think you all answered him on that!

Now he read the problems w/the top going up and said I'd never be able to do it on my own. :mad: I'm an average woman who uses her Select Tech regularly, I think I can do it!

Plus we live in the Midwest where there are maybe 4 good days a year for owning a ragtop. LOL So he said it'd sit in the garage all the time.

And then there's the insurance. 'sigh'

So give me the reasons its ok to get one! We're in our 50's and I'm having a serious mid-life crisis! Not to mention that all my life I've driven 'practical' cars and just once in my life, I want to be impractical, throw caution to the wind, not care that I can't drive this car in 4ft of snow or 90+ temps. I want to fly down that highway with stereo blasting and believe in my own mind that I'm still cool. :cool:

Help me, please! LOL
what part of the mid west do you live in? i live in wisconsin an we have about 3-4 months of good weather for a rag top. i own a chrysler labaron convertable and right now it is sitting in my work parking lot with the top down, and if it does not rain before i leave the top will stay down and my beach boys cd will be blasting away on my way home. as far as insurance don't worry about it i keep full coverage on it all year long because you never know what can happen even when it is sitting in the garage.

·
Registered
105 Posts
My wife and I are late 40's and she pushed me to buy it, even though I loved it at first site. We both own good practical cars however we had planned for a 'sports car and a credit card' trip when we hit our 50's. She saw this car and said "that is it! buy it.", so we did.

We love it. Go for it.

Chris

·
Registered
388 Posts
I am being very impractical too! My husband and I are trying to start a family and there is no room for a car seat in the Sky, BUT I DON'T CARE! I'd rather buy the car and have 10 fun months of enjoying it rather than not purchasing it at all. I think I would regret my decision if I didn't buy it-especially if I saw one on the road. Of all the 2 seater convertibles the SKY looks the best, and it is very reasonable in price. :) (I had no problem putting the top up and down on the demo.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bentley said:
what part of the mid west do you live in? i live in wisconsin an we have about 3-4 months of good weather for a rag top. .
In Iowa and I know I'm exaggerating about the weather. I'm just using 'husband logic' when I say that! LOL

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
A good photo shoot

Go out and get your hair done - dress up - find a Sky you can sit in and take a couple of pictures of yourself with a big simle and your face - and leave the photos for him to find.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I put the top up & down myself. My fiance' is 6'3" and weighs 230 lbs. You should get the Sky - it is so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Our insurance only went up $15 a month. Tell your husband how good "he'll" look driving the Sky - that might help.

·
Registered
804 Posts
My wife considers my Sky my midlife crises too. BUT, she said it's much cheaper than the divorce court if I went after a red head instead of a red car. Besides, the funny thing about the whole Sky car is that my wife is the one who will be driving it almost every day:mad: , I will get it on the weekends:thumbs: .
We are going to give it the summer and if we don't think it will fit in with us, we will put it up for sale.:nonod:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts