Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HELP needed now!!! *UPDATE: already ordered, thanks!

Okay... here I am sitting at work getting letters of recommendations done for some of my students and working on interim grades (not really important now)... my e-mail folder makes the little beep noise to let me know that I got an e-mail... I check it out and it's from my dealer!!! He has an image for me, BUT here's where I need the advice:

I want the Silver Graphite with Black & Red leather...

He says he can get me everything I want, sans the Black & Red Leather (just the all Black leather, not the two-tone)....

If I want to wait, he's going to give my order to someone else and wait for another image to come along and see if he can order the Black & Red :eek:

I say... forget the red interior, order me my SKY!
The wife says... pass on it and wait for the Black & Red interior because that's what made it unique.

What do you all say? I want to call the dealer right away.... HELP!!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
I wish I had such a dilemma! You've waited this long! Is it worth it to you to wait a bit longer to get what you really want?! If you've wanted the black/red interior since the beginning, I think you would not want to settle. The black and red is unique! If the all black suits you well enough now then get it! BUT....get it if you really like it more than what you originally wanted! Big decision! The temptation must be great to order now! Good luck! :)

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I think the all black is more classy and will wear better in the long run.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Doit Now

Go black and get that order in, I can't even think you are waiting:willy:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Keep 'em coming!

Thanks for the two replies so far... anyone else with an opinion, I'm asking for it now!

Here's the thing, I can go either way with the interior color. I originally wanted Midnight Blue with the all Black leather... within the last month or two I changed my mind and went with the Silver Graphite and thought that the Black & Red interior would make it stand out. My students like the Black & Red best, although one student said he would go all black because he feels the black & red would get "played" out after a while. The downside is that I sold the wife on it, even though at first she thought it was strange. She feels that if I really want that color combo, wait. I'm at the point where I just want my SKY! I like the black & red, but worry 5-10 years from now if I'll still like it? :confused:

More opinions to help me are needed... post away! :lol:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
seal9 said:
Go black and get that order in, I can't even think you are waiting:willy:
Well, the good thing is that the dealer has already changed the image to what options I want and color, but went with the all black instead. He's waiting for my confirmation I guess before submitting it. I don't think I can wait too much longer... any more thoughts? Please post NOW! :cheers:

·
Registered
110 Posts
At first, back in April when I put my deposit down, I wanted Chili Pepper Red with the Red/Black leather. Then I heard the Red/Black won't be offered in the Chili Pepper. So, I went for all black. I was disappointed until I read several posts that the Red leather was not all that RED, and it would clash with the exterior red. Makes sense.

Take a look at a MAZDA SPEED or a MERCEDES SLK with the Red/Black leather combo. I've seen several. Some look great. Some look like the Red is getting CLOUDY or PINKISH due to sun exposure.

Go with the all Black. Get your car early. Have fun.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A BIG ol' thanks to those that have replied!

I'm e-mailing the sales manager back right now and telling him to put that order in with the ALL black interior. It's not a deal breaker for me, and I really want this car as soon as I can get it. Thanks for the responses and along with ERNEST and the others, I'll keep the group informed of what I'm told.

·
Registered
17,751 Posts
Another Jersey Guy Waiting

Remember colors r subjective....but to make u feel better, I believe u made the right choice. That red/burgandy will fade over time with the sun. As long as u r getting the exterior color u want and the other options, I believe u made the right choice....but u have to drive it over and park it in my driveway. This will make my wife nuts...I am a bit jealous now because I am waiting on my image. I am next in line at Saturn of Freehold.

MarlboroMike

·
Registered
198 Posts
So does this mean the red/black interior won't be available for a while? I'm next to order on my dealer's list and was hoping for the black/red too. If this is the case, does anyone know how long it will be before it becomes available? :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
GMguy74 said:
I'm e-mailing the sales manager back right now and telling him to put that order in with the ALL black interior. It's not a deal breaker for me, and I really want this car as soon as I can get it. Thanks for the responses and along with ERNEST and the others, I'll keep the group informed of what I'm told.
You can always go back to the dealer’s parts department and buy the seat covers in the two tone and the door panels also. It may not be the cheapest solution but it will give you what you want later on… :willy:

BTW, we have been told we are supposed to get two images on the 6th of March... :cheers: :thumbs: :cheers: I hope it's true!!! :lol: :cool:
Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I'm confused on why he wouldn't order black/red for you?
is not available to order at the moment due to restrictions?

·
Registered
311 Posts
usmc said:
I'm confused on why he wouldn't order black/red for you?
is not available to order at the moment due to restrictions?

Red will not be available till later. Same with the automatic transmisions.

This is what was told to me by my dealer.

I did not care to wait. Black is fine as me as, black will not show dirt or grime as red will.:)

·
Registered
120 Posts
redkeygunsky

My dealer told me the first two Sky' coming in are both automatic. I wanted a stick shift, but I will take the chili pepper red with an automatic. It has every option except the wing. I hope to have it in the next three weeks.

·
Registered
326 Posts
mglindo said:
Red will not be available till later. Same with the automatic transmisions.

This is what was told to me by my dealer.

I did not care to wait. Black is fine as me as, black will not show dirt or grime as red will.:)
This goes against everything Ive seen & heard .... the supposed only wait is for Bluestone.:confused:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
GMguy74 said:
Okay... here I am sitting at work getting letters of recommendations done for some of my students and working on interim grades (not really important now)... my e-mail folder makes the little beep noise to let me know that I got an e-mail... I check it out and it's from my dealer!!! He has an image for me, BUT here's where I need the advice:

I want the Silver Graphite with Black & Red leather...

He says he can get me everything I want, sans the Black & Red Leather (just the all Black leather, not the two-tone)....

If I want to wait, he's going to give my order to someone else and wait for another image to come along and see if he can order the Black & Red :eek:

I say... forget the red interior, order me my SKY!
The wife says... pass on it and wait for the Black & Red interior because that's what made it unique.

Order with black -- who is to say they will EVER let red/black with teh\\he graphite? You's still be w/out a sky!

·
Registered
198 Posts
twirp said:
This goes against everything Ive seen & heard .... the supposed only wait is for Bluestone.:confused:
:agree:

Does anyone "in the know" know for sure?

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
If the red leather interior isn't available, wouldn't the image when ordered get rejected? I tried first time for an automatic and it was instantly rejected. Changed it to manual trans went thru no problem. Has there been a delay put on red? If so why is it still offered on Build Your Own site without a notation as such? Inquiring minds want to know. It seem it would have rejected the red leather interior when I ordered, has a glitch in the interior RPO suddenly appeared? If that is the case I too will change to all black, not a problem, but will try to investigate tomorrow. Ant theories out there? It might be an answer to the order staying where it is. Hey SHADOW, do you know?

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
GMguy74 said:
I was in much the same position today, my dealers car #1 had EVERYTHING I wanted down to the color except it also had chrome wheels and a spoiler, neither of which I planned to get.

Now the prospect of getting the car sooner rather than later and the fact it had everything I wanted just a bit more that i didnt really didn't stop me. I can say that I am so happy i committed and now that I look at pics with the better wheels Im even more excited.

If your deadset on the red seats (as I was with my sky's color) then I would wait, but if you just kind of threw together a dream sky and red seats happened to be the choice... go to staurn.com and build it with black, I think you can still look at the finished result and tell it "I love you."

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Ok, Im confused (which isnt hard for me :lol: ) Am I understanding correctly that the chili pepper red one will not be available in the red/black leather interior? Cause thats what I wanted to order. :confused:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts