Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
I VERY much doubt that an oil catch can would help at all for oil on the MAF. First, it wouldn't be installed in any of the paths to the MAF, and second, if you really are getting that much oil blown UPSTREAM from the turbo, you have way more problems than just a dirty MAF.

Given that you state you have an oiled K&N filter, I would almost guarantee that is the culprit here.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
The check valve is a known failure on the hose that connects the valve cover to the intake. This is most likely where the oil is coming from in the intake. The MAF sits pretty close to that nipple on the K&N setup so it's not too surprising oil would be getting sprayed on it depending on the pressures.
I agree with the above. Take the check valve & flex pipe off and make sure it's not gummed up. Blow into the pipe end and it should block the flow, but you should be able to suck through it. If it passes air in both directions, it's gummed. Rinse with alcohol or kerosene or similar (or replace if that doesn't work).

See also: (22) Why & where you should/shouldn't run an Oil Catch Can (OCC) on an LNF kappa | Pontiac Solstice Forum

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
The replacements come with the flex pipe and valve as one part. You can remove the flex pipe end from the valve cover pretty easily with a fuel line removal tool (see pic).

I would just clean the one you have (as I said before).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts