Saturn Sky Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
The replacements come with the flex pipe and valve as one part. You can remove the flex pipe end from the valve cover pretty easily with a fuel line removal tool (see pic).

I would just clean the one you have (as I said before).

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
UPDATE: My turbo definitely just blew before I could even do much more. Welp, I guess the oil leaked from the turbo, or there was too much oil feeding into the turbo all this time that it didn't like. Either way, things just got a lot more expensive, so I either upgrade my turbo at this point or find an OEM replacement. Lol, thoughts?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
UPDATE: My turbo definitely just blew before I could even do much more. Welp, I guess the oil leaked from the turbo, or there was too much oil feeding into the turbo all this time that it didn't like. Either way, things just got a lot more expensive, so I either upgrade my turbo at this point or find an OEM replacement. Lol, thoughts?
Looks like there are some pretty affordable replacements.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone had experience with catch cans actually catching fluids? All I’ve ever read about was how they’re installed... but no one has been able to retrieve unwanted fluids. I’m used to oil separators from my pre-ecotec days and it’s my understanding that since our PCV‘s are locked inside the intake manifold, that there will always be oil seepage. Anyone have more (and/or positive) experience with this?
I have catch cans on my 2 Saturn SL2 sedans. I drain and clean them at each oil change (4000 miles). The is always about a quarter cup of brown oil water mix in them. It’s comforting to know that that slop isn’t making its way into the intake manifold.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts