Saturn Sky Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Trifecta has gone ahead and posted all versions to my account for me to choose from. They will be visible to me once I reach the last page where you actually download the file (after agreeing to the terms etc).

They posted tune active all the time, CC active, and Comp mode active.
I have all 3 options, 3 separate downloads :)

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
That's great that they provided you all three methods! You can try out each and every one and find the configuration you like the most. Puts you in a better position than the rest of us who never requested the configuration each and every way. Now you are special :)

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I had mine set so it is on when the cruise is on, but that was to conceal the fact that the car was tuned when I took it in to the dealer for warranty work.

Today I see no reason at all to have the tune switchable - just have it on all the time. When would you ever want to turn it off?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
That's great that they provided you all three methods! You can try out each and every one and find the configuration you like the most. Puts you in a better position than the rest of us who never requested the configuration each and every way. Now you are special :)
He! He! :D

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I had mine set so it is on when the cruise is on, but that was to conceal the fact that the car was tuned when I took it in to the dealer for warranty work.
When would you ever want to turn it off?

That's just it, I have an extended warranty.
Question-"set so it is on when the cruise is on", meaning the CC button is pressed and light is on....
Would the dealership not get wise to that eventually....?....

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
That's just it, I have an extended warranty.
Question-"set so it is on when the cruise is on", meaning the CC button is pressed and light is on....
Would the dealership not get wise to that eventually....?....
Nope. The light will indicate to you that the tune is on. When you take it to the dealer, you turn it off and no one there is likely to turn it on again.

If you have it the other way, with tune on = Cruise off, they will be seeing the car with the tune operational. If you then turn the cruise on (=tune off) they may notice and will possibly turn the cruise off again - and there you go again, with them looking at the car with the tune actuated.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Nope. The light will indicate to you that the tune is on. When you take it to the dealer, you turn it off and no one there is likely to turn it on again.

If you have it the other way, with tune on = Cruise off, they will be seeing the car with the tune operational. If you then turn the cruise on (=tune off) they may notice and will possibly turn the cruise off again - and there you go again, with them looking at the car with the tune actuated.
Gotcha! Thanks.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts