Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have had several logos created for our Sky-Sol club, and I would love to get your thoughts and feedback before we print t-shirts, etc.

These two are for all clubs which might share our website:

These two are for the local Phoenix club only:

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
We have had several logos created for our Sky-Sol club, and I would love to get your thoughts and feedback before we print t-shirts, etc.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
I like that you have a variation in design ideas; I will provide this help...

You won’t want to use a full color photo as a logo (logo 3) as it can be very difficult to get it on printed material without image loss to high costs.

The remaining three aren't all that unique since they rely on the Kappa silhouette we all know so well now. Maybe think of a way you can juxtapose the words Sky and Sol in a neat way within a design. Just a thought.

Good luck.

·
Registered
295 Posts
they all look great...i like the 2nd one the best

·
Registered
994 Posts
Got it right that Sky should come before solstice:D

·
Registered
366 Posts
I agree 100%

I like that you have a variation in design ideas; I will provide this help...

You won’t want to use a full color photo as a logo (logo 3) as it can be very difficult to get it on printed material without image loss to high costs.

The remaining three aren't all that unique since they rely on the Kappa silhouette we all know so well now. Maybe think of a way you can juxtapose the words Sky and Sol in a neat way within a design. Just a thought.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Got it right that Sky should come before solstice:D
My experience is that whoever drives the turbo comes first.

We use both www.sky-sol.com and www.sol-sky.com interchangeably, and the official club name in the bylaws is both "Sky & Solstice" and "Solstice & Sky." Our club is a merger of two regional clubs, Sky Southwest and the Phoenix Solstice Club. We are many times stronger together than we ever were apart. We now have 26 paid members, and 72 cars in Arizona on our email list, plus another 50 or so outside of Arizona who have registered for our club website.

Since we are small and we don't want overruns, we are currently using CafePress for shirts and other logowear. The cost is the same for B&W as it is for full color. We just printed 1000 full color glossy business cards for $23 at GotPrint (something our members can pass out as we spot other cars). Really, full color isn't as expensive as it used to be.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like that the Kappa silhouette is recognizable, but I appreciate your thoughts regarding the playing with Sky & Sol. What about something like this?

·
Registered
877 Posts
I like the first one:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I like that the Kappa silhouette is recognizable, but I appreciate your thoughts regarding the playing with Sky & Sol. What about something like this?
Yeah, thats the kind of direction I think looks the best for a simple yet effective logo and one which translates well to t-shirts and such. If you like the silhouette maybe use both...

Attachments

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Yeah, thats the kind of direction I think looks the best for a simple yet effective logo and one which translates well to t-shirts and such. If you like the silhouette maybe use both...
I like that, but if the Sky is going to get top billing, maybe you could switch to the Sol silhouette. Might help keep everyone happy.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like that, but if the Sky is going to get top billing, maybe you could switch to the Sol silhouette. Might help keep everyone happy.
Actually, this was the Solstice Sillouette, except that I removed the driving lights and modified the front so that it would be slightly less rounded. I wanted it to look generic, like it could be either car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts