Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please note that this isn't the same issue as most of the parking brake problems/troubleshooting posts.

I was trying to tighten the parking brake on my wife's 2008 Sky Redline and the adjuster bolt snapped. (I think it was probably already adjusted to the maximum tension by the previous owner.)

I am trying to find the "FRONT parking brake cable" with the adjuster nut; located under the console and connects to the lever. I mistakenly ordered the parking brake cable assembly that attaches to the rear brakes, assuming that it would have what I needed (I should have looked at the diagram more closely).

I found that the cable is included with the lever assembly, but I don't want to have to buy the entire assembly just to replace the cable. I also found http://www.dormanproducts.com/p-34317-c660433.aspx?make=Saturn&origin=keyword Dorman brand part. It is similar to what I would expect, but it not made for the Sky.

Does anyone have any suggestions to replace or fix the broken part?

[/IMG]

Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
jstealth:
Well, I can see nobody had any ideas for your question. I have the exact same problem as you have (had). The front half of the cable is frayed where it winds around the round holder under the console cover. My big problem is getting to it from underneath. I assume your problem is fixed by now? I found the replacement part to order but can't figure out how to removed the long plate under the car without having to cut the exhaust pipe in the middle to release the plate. Did someone replace your cable for you?
Foxlovescars
The Villages, FL

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
I found the replacement part to order but can't figure out how to removed the long plate under the car without having to cut the exhaust pipe in the middle to release the plate. Did someone replace your cable for you?
You can probably slide the tunnel brace panel out without messing with the exhaust, but in case there's not enough room, you'll only have to pop the exhaust carrier donuts at the back and drop the rear of the exhaust a little, to get the it out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
TomatoSoup:
Took your advice and did just that. Supported the muffler and pipe with a transmission stand and it gave me enough room to slide out the tunnel brace and remove the padding around the tunnel so I could get to the front brake cable. Now, I just have to work around the driveshaft to insert both ends of the cable.
Thanks for your quick response--most helpful.
Frank

1 - 5 of 5 Posts