Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am calling Southern California Dealers trying to get the best info I can. However, sometimes I ask questions and I am not sure if the dealers are telling me the truth or not, or what would the next question be. So if any dealers or anybody else with knowledge could help, I would be mucho appreciative

1) When modifying images are dealers restricted in anyway from what they can specifiy, Outside of the limitations that are in the printbook?

Say I wanted Chrome Wheels is it possible that they would not be able to place the order?

From the FAQ, I would think not. But some Dealers seem to think so. From my understanding the order or the image would sit there until those options would be available. Is that Correct?

2) Does anybody have a reasonable amount of maximum miles, that I can request the car have on it, so I know it hasn't been driven by the dealership?

Can't think of anything else right now? But as I talk to dealers, I am sure I will have more.

P.S. Why is it that every Sales Manager I speak with seems to know less than me??

·
Registered
274 Posts
I think once the image has been accepted it can't be change....
so if you are the 1st image ... and your code is like 026 or 030 i dont think they can change it ....
my dealer was able to change mine last week because it was the 1st one and it had no code on it yet
i'm not sure but that's what my understanding acording to my dealer

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
richmcc said:
I am calling Southern California Dealers trying to get the best info I can. However, sometimes I ask questions and I am not sure if the dealers are telling me the truth or not, or what would the next question be. So if any dealers or anybody else with knowledge could help, I would be mucho appreciative

1) When modifying images are dealers restricted in anyway from what they can specify, Outside of the limitations that are in the print-book?

Say I wanted Chrome Wheels is it possible that they would not be able to place the order?

From the FAQ, I would think not. But some Dealers seem to think so. From my understanding the order or the image would sit there until those options would be available. Is that Correct?

2) Does anybody have a reasonable amount of maximum miles, that I can request the car have on it, so I know it hasn't been driven by the dealership?

Can't think of anything else right now? But as I talk to dealers, I am sure I will have more.

P.S. Why is it that every Sales Manager I speak with seems to know less than me??
#1- Yes. If GM has put out any specific restriction for any particular option, when that option is specified it would NOT accept it. For example, there maybe only a certain amount of Chrome Wheels available and when the amount has been already ordered by any prior image modifications then the Chrome Wheel option will be UNAVAILABLE.

There is a specific time frame to modify an image. The image comes pre-configured from GM (it may already be set up to be White, 5 speed manual, XM Radio, etc) and if it's not touched by the dealer to which it has been assigned to within that specific time frame, the image will just go into the GM system as it was originally configured by GM.

#2- This will vary tremendously depending on the dealership and what happens IN-TRANSIT. I have seen vehicles come off the truck with 1 miles and I have seen them come off the truck with 15 miles; at the same time there is a procedure that must be done at the dealership's service department called a PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) and during this procedure the vehicle is to be test-driven for a certain amount of miles to ensure functionality. There is no fixed specific distance (that I know of) for this test-drive and I'm sure it varies from store to store depending on each dealer's particular route. Obviously anything over 50-60 miles would be an indication of a vehicle that has been test-driven longer that usual but with a big exemption, some vehicles are designated as a factory test vehicle and is driven at the factory by Quality Control and this vehicle may have an unusual high amount of miles. These vehicles will have a sticker attached to one of the windows stating this but as the end-of-line customer you may not get to see this sticker since it would had been removed by the time you went to pick up the vehicle for delivery. Just one thing to keep in mind.

Sale Managers leave the Product Knowledge to their salespeople, most don't bother to know the product well because they don't deal with it, all they deal is with the business part of selling a vehicle and not the ACTUAL selling of the product.

I hope this helps clear some questions...

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Sky Dealer said:
#1- Yes. If GM has put out any specific restriction for any particular option, when that option is specified it would NOT accept it. For example, there maybe only a certain amount of Chrome Wheels available and when the amount has been already ordered by any prior image modifications then the Chrome Wheel option will be UNAVAILABLE.

There is a specific time frame to modify an image. The image comes pre-configured from GM (it may already be set up to be White, 5 speed manual, XM Radio, etc) and if it's not touched by the dealer to which it has been assigned to within that specific time frame, the image will just go into the GM system as it was originally configured by GM.:willy: S.D. :willy:
What Sky Dealer has described above is know on the Solstice site as an "Order Constraint" which is used to notify dealers of option shortages. i.e. chrome wheels, XM, Leather, or whatever. We have a dealer (small dealer) on our sister site whos does a terrific job of posting ordering constraints as Pontiac broadcasts them. We need one of the dealers here to do the same. Dealers here can correct me if I am wrong, but if your car order has an option that is order constrained it will not be picked up by the order process. Having current order constraints posted here will help people in the future be "smart" about the car ordering process. It will be very helpful in buyers making informed decisions about any given option they might want verses low long they want to wait to get their car order picked up.

Example
Weekly Order Constraint Report

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the current Dealer Order Cycle Constraints:
(The "%" refers to how many of the available order allocation slots can be equipped with the option/feature in question.)

January 19th
N87-Standard Painted Wheels: No constraint listed this week.
QF8-Polished Wheels: No constraints this week.
PD5-Chrommed Wheels: 5%
MX0-5-Speed Automatic Transmission: 0%
AZ5-Premium Accoustic Headliner: 0%
UE1-OnStar: 0%

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I think they can change it up until it goes 025. I know I changed interiors right after I rdered and It accepted the change. a funny thing happened the day I rdered mine, my dealers group got 3, 1 for each, in the excitement of oredering, my GM got the wrong one and ordered my form another dealers #. It went thhrough okay, until the next day when the called and said he assigned the wrong car to me, we immediately got the right one and reorderd, no sweat. But I guess we all kinda got caught up! Things can be changed to a point in this.

ERNEST

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Then if your code is 025, they can hold it there until the options are avaiklable? Seems like it would be held in dealer pool until all reauired options are met? I haver my printout from my dealer and all 3 alotted cars are 025 as of the 16th. By the way the other two coming in are Yellow/blk lthr/blk top & Midnight Blue/Tan lthr/Blk Top. Both will habe Lsd,spoiler 6 cd player/xm/prem trim. I think I am learning this. Can you tell what an RF2 &m ZLE/c/p are? They are a bunh of them on the same list. Have a good one buddy!

ERNEST-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts