Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks for the reply! Do you know what would cause this issue only on one tail light of the vehicle? I am just baffled as it appears to be some sort of droplet or wax type material.
It was on both tail lights on mine, But not equally. Perhaps one side gets more sun than the other where you park? John is right, a "bug and tar remover" might be a good starting point for you, just in case it is a wax or sap type of issue.. If you <gently> scratch at it with a fingernail does it make a difference? On mine a fingernail could leave a mark on the oxidized surface, but not on the clear section.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If I try to scratch it with my fingernail, it leaves no mark. So does that rule out a wax issue?
I would assume so, without actually seeing it, I can't really determine if it's an internal or external issue. All I can tell you is that, mine looked kinda like that, and the Griotts product made it look like new again. Your milage may very, but I don't think you can make it worse by trying it! If you chose to try it, just follow the directions, It will have you wet sand the lenses, then apply a finish (it's a wipe on finish). takes about an hour to do both lenses and they need some sunlight to cure, and shouldn't get wet for an hour or two after application. Let me know how it turns out!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts