Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... OMG.... on the way to my husbands office...... a DAMN DUMPTRUCK THREW UP A ROCK AND HIT MY BABY ON THE WINDSHIELD!!!!!!!....... we looked and didnt see immediately where it hit.... i felt SICK.. right away.... but then still didnt see anything on the windshield... Ok.... got done seeing patients, went out to get into my baby.. and.. OMG.... A HUGE DIVOT AND THEN A VERY LARGE CRACK..... i am so sick to my stomach right now.......... ready to cry... but she is tucked into the garage and will stay there until she can be fixed....... just thought i would share.... pics later..... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
SkyBaby,

If it makes you feel any better I got a HARD hit coming home from the dealer that left a chip in the windshield. I too was sick over it. But after a few days you stop to notice and before you know it you forget its there.

Its always the first little thing that hurts the most.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
SkyBaby said:
... OMG.... on the way to my husbands office...... a DAMN DUMPTRUCK THREW UP A ROCK AND HIT MY BABY ON THE WINDSHIELD!!!!!!!....... we looked and didnt see immediately where it hit.... i felt SICK.. right away.... but then still didnt see anything on the windshield... Ok.... got done seeing patients, went out to get into my baby.. and.. OMG.... A HUGE DIVOT AND THEN A VERY LARGE CRACK..... i am so sick to my stomach right now.......... ready to cry... but she is tucked into the garage and will stay there until she can be fixed....... just thought i would share.... pics later..... SkyBaby-07

OMG!! I'm sick over it, too...and it's not even my car! I hope the boo-boo gets fixed ASAP! :thumbs:

·
Registered
129 Posts
It breaks my heart

I am so sorry that your baby got her windshield damaged. Instead of giving tickets to people with no front license plates the police should be cracking (no pun intended) on this sort of thing. I've had to have the windshield replaced at least once on my last three new cars. One of the glass replacement places in our area will come right to you home or where you work and change it out. Only costs me $100.00 deductable every time. I guess things like that happen but it still makes one feel sick when it does. Again I am so sorry that this happened to you.
Your Friend,
Jayne

PS - Perhaps you can get a windshield that is tinted pink? Doesn't hurt to try.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I don't know what the insurance law is in your state, but in Florida, windshields are fully covered with no deductible. It's a safety issue.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Awww I am sorry that happened, but it WILL happen to all of us one sooner or later, It wil either be an accident like yours, or self inflicted like mine, but it will happen...

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Awww sweetie, Im soo sorry to hear that. Hope she fills better asap. Az has glass coverage in there insurance so we dont pay anything. Just had to replace the windshield in my VUE last week. Im sure the dealer would have wanted it fixed before I trade it in...

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jayne said:
I am so sorry that your baby got her windshield damaged. Instead of giving tickets to people with no front license plates the police should be cracking (no pun intended) on this sort of thing. I've had to have the windshield replaced at least once on my last three new cars. One of the glass replacement places in our area will come right to you home or where you work and change it out. Only costs me $100.00 deductable every time. I guess things like that happen but it still makes one feel sick when it does. Again I am so sorry that this happened to you.
Your Friend,
Jayne

PS - Perhaps you can get a windshield that is tinted pink? Doesn't hurt to try.
LOVE THE THINKING...... i think i can try that...... as soon as i find someone to help me with the calipers.... THEY WILL BE A NICE SHADE OF PINK...... cant wait for that.....SkyBaby-07

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The really sucky part is...... when we were going up to the cabin last weekend.... IT HAPPENED TO THE AVALANCHE.... .. ugh.. and a few years ago... it happened to my M3..... DAMN DUMP TRUCKS... they SHOULD HAVE... H A V E TO TAKE ALL DIRT ROADS TO THEIR WORK!!!!!!.... the M3 and my baby were hit by pelleting rocks from Dump Trucks... the Truck.. i am not sure.. i think it was just a rouge rock..... Thanks for caring....... i will spend tomorrow giving her a nice warm bath.... and hopefully that makes her feel better... i know i will.... DO THEY EVEN HAVE REPLACEMENTS FOR OUR BABIES YET???... UGH..... SkyBaby-07

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
If it is a small ding or crack that has not traveled across the windshield, you can take it to a good glass place and get it repaired on the spot. If the ding is bad they will replace the whole windshield. Yes I would assume that the glass place can get a SKy windshield. Might have to order it. While carrying some big items in my Nissan truck I had the load shift and the item broke out my sliding glass window. Scared the h--l out of my girlfriend and me, but noone was hurt just my pride on not securing the load better. This happened Saturday. Yes my angel is looking over me. Skip...hope my angel does not charge me overtime...:D :lol: :) :cool:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Dumb Trucks

Sorry to hear about this. You should be more carful when there might be dumptrucks around here's one for you in the meantime till you get her fixed :grouphug:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
In 1492 Columbus sat in a Midnite Blue. Skip...:cheers: :lol:

·
Registered
276 Posts
My Sky has a small chip in the windshield. It must have happened in transport. I was soooo spell bound that I didn't notice it at the dealer when I picked it up (it ???). I first noticed it when detailing the car. I also found that the front air dam was scrapped and the L/R tire had a "groove" cut into it right where the lettering is...almost looks like it was done on a lathe. I havn't used my car since putting it in my garage that first day. I want to get the fender rubbing problem taken care of first.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Sky Baby, I am so sorry to hear about that windshield problem. I also have a small tiny chip missing from mine:banghead: I'm not as concered about that as I am the chip on Bianca's hood. I see those DUMP TRUCKS and I stay away. I don't know if they have the glass available for our Sky family yet:rolleyes:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well... if it was JUST A CHIP.. OR BULLSEYE... i wouldnt panic so darn much..... it is a HUGE BULLSEYE at the top and goes down about a total of 8 or inches total... SUCKS..... i am glad it hit the glass and not the silver trim around the window..... but... still bummed out..... SkyBaby-07

1 - 20 of 48 Posts