Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here we are folks, the start of a new week, what are predictions? Will the images change from030? Will any of us get VIN & sequencing? Or will nothing change? Will ERnest lose weight? Will the cold weather go away? I hope so been 29 degrees all weekend & icy somewhat, BRRRR! Will trainloads of SKYs been on there merry way to dealers? Could we all be victums of some mass hysteria/hypnosis, alein adbuction? Is the all a dream, help I am in severe need of a reality check, :lol: :lol:

ERNEST:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Hi Ernest.

Having been through the Solstice intro, I'm going to vote for

Could we all be victums of some mass hysteria/hypnosis, alein adbuction? Is the all a dream, help I am in severe need of a reality check
However, the good news is that it won't be as long as it was for the Solstice folks. as our group solved a lot of the teething problems.

Hang in there, it WILL happen! :cool:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
My vote is that the second round if images will come out this week!!

I see myself sitting in the dealership filling out the image and sending it off!!

I also predict that your 030 will not change till next week, possibly this week but probably next.

what do I win if I'm right?? a free ride in your sky?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Ernest said:
Yup

Allright!! everyone read it here!
Ernest is going to bring his Sky up to Northern Cali to take me for a spin if my predictions are correct!

Thanks Ernest!
:D :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
Don't know if you'll get a vin, but sounds like the biggest timing contraint is tied to the overall plan.
Handful of Saturn articles over at autonews.com today.
http://autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060220/SUB/60216019
Sounds like timing of your first round of showroom car is tied to advertising and consumer production plans.

"Lajdziak told dealers that Saturn will fully outline its plans for product rollout and marketing at a full franchise
meeting in Dallas in April.
That two-day meeting, she said, will go over issues of marketing, advertising, customer relations and
allocation for each product. "

You might be able to back into a timeline as the puzzle pieces start to appear.
What's happening in April?
Last kickoff meet prior to full launch?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
skywatcher said:
Don't know if you'll get a vin, but sounds like the biggest timing contraint is tied to the overall plan.
Handful of Saturn articles over at autonews.com today.
http://autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060220/SUB/60216019
Sounds like timing of your first round of showroom car is tied to advertising and consumer production plans.

"Lajdziak told dealers that Saturn will fully outline its plans for product rollout and marketing at a full franchise
meeting in Dallas in April.
That two-day meeting, she said, will go over issues of marketing, advertising, customer relations and
allocation for each product. "

You might be able to back into a timeline as the puzzle pieces start to appear.
What's happening in April?
Last kickoff meet prior to full launch?
What nothing happening in March :eek: :willy: :lol:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This article adds a new twist to the already convuluted arrival dates.:willy:
However, whether it be the calendar, instincts, alien intervention, I am still holding with my prediction of mid - late March for dealer demos to be in place in the showrooms, and the second images in the system, the marketing info is just that, marketing, and in advertising agency with a certain degree of common sense will realize that this year's allotment has sold itself. Any advertising will surely just be priming the pump for next years. Think about it, why would they advertise a vehicle that for all practical purposes is already sold out this year? Of course I can & am usually wrong in my theories, just ask my wife!:lol:
that damn calendar keeps ccoming to mind,:crazy: :yesnod: :confused::rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Ernest said:
This article adds a new twist to the already convuluted arrival dates.:willy:
However, whether it be the calendar, instincts, alien intervention, I am still holding with my prediction of mid - late March for dealer demos to be in place in the showrooms, and the second images in the system, the marketing info is just that, marketing, and in advertising agency with a certain degree of common sense will realize that this year's allotment has sold itself. Any advertising will surely just be priming the pump for next years. Think about it, why would they advertise a vehicle that for all practical purposes is already sold out this year? Of course I can & am usually wrong in my theories, just ask my wife!:lol:
that damn calendar keeps ccoming to mind,:crazy: :yesnod: :confused::rolleyes:

:agree:
the article isn't just about the sky, it seems to reference this year as a big year for saturn with 4 new vehicles coming online and how they don't want to over advertise before actually having the cars on the lots. Kinda goes inline with the sky... I have seen very little to no advertising for it. One commercial and thats it. I think that our predictions will still hold true and that we won't see a big public advertising push for the sky for quite some time.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
It's time to calm down some guys and gals, It won't make your car get here any sooner. It is in the works now and they will get here when the time is right.. Having watched the Solstice forum from april until just recently, and seeing all the flustrations come out and the rants about pontiac being so slow, I have learned that it does no good to rant and rave or worry about when you car will be here... It seem like from everyone over there that has gotten their cars the wait was well worth it.. and i am sure it will be for us too... so just take a chill pill, and stare at your Sky pictures and dream for a month or two... and it it gets here sooner then you wil be very happy...
One thing my Dealer told me, was as soon as you get your VIN number you will know your car will not be far behind....

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
It's time to calm down some guys and gals, It won't make your car get here any sooner. It is in the works now and they will get here when the time ir right.. Having watched the Solstice forum from april until just recently, and seeing all the flustrations come out and the rants about pontiack being so slow, I have learned that it does no good to rant and rave or worry about when you car will be here... It seem like from everyone over there that has gotten their cars the wait was well worth it.. and i am sure it will be for us too... so just take a chill pill, and stare at your Sky pictures and dream for a month or two... and it it gets here sooner then you wil be very happy...
One thing my Dealer told me, was as soon as you get your VIN number you will know your car will not be far behind....
ummm, isn't that what the forum is for? for us to rant and rave, speculate, chat like 12 yr old school girls?
a place to throw rumors around wildy? no harm no foul.
:willy:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
It's time to calm down some guys and gals, It won't make your car get here any sooner. It is in the works now and they will get here when the time ir right.. Having watched the Solstice forum from april until just recently, and seeing all the flustrations come out and the rants about pontiack being so slow, I have learned that it does no good to rant and rave or worry about when you car will be here... It seem like from everyone over there that has gotten their cars the wait was well worth it.. and i am sure it will be for us too... so just take a chill pill, and stare at your Sky pictures and dream for a month or two... and it it gets here sooner then you wil be very happy...
:chill: :chill: :chill: :chill: :chill: ing :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
I don't think Saturn really needs to advertise the Sky for it to sell.
I think the Sky is advertising for Saturn.
If it were my call, I'd tighten up the timing of release of the Sky to keep it in line with events on other models.
Get the dealers behind closed doors and "remind" them of bigger picture plan for the year.
Use the Sky to generate traffic for other models, and keep the overall image clean by not
getting carried away the first new model.
It should all tie in as part of a larger plan.
Just one opinion.

·
Registered
802 Posts
skywatcher said:
I don't think Saturn really needs to advertise the Sky for it to sell.
I think the Sky is advertising for Saturn.
If it were my call, I'd tighten up the timing of release of the Sky to keep it in line with events on other models.
Get the dealers behind closed doors and "remind" them of bigger picture plan for the year.
Use the Sky to generate traffic for other models, and keep the overall image clean by not
getting carried away the first new model.
It should all tie in as part of a larger plan.
Just one opinion.
Good opinion. Who was the smart Saturn exec that stopped them from embossing that big 'ol "Saturn" logo on the rear?....He should get a raise!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
usmc said:
ummm, isn't that what the forum is for? for us to rant and rave, speculate, chat like 12 yr old school girls?

That works for me!!!!! :willy: SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
usmc said:
Actually A forum is a place to exchange ideas and ask questions and get answers, not spread rumors and rant about things you can't control.... That just drives up your blood pressure... and increases your level of stress...and drive you crazy too boot:crazy:
I am just trying to calm your nerves a little... just think each day brings you one day closer to your Beautiful Sky.....:driving:

think beautiful thoughts, a day with puffy white clouds, birds singing, a warm summer breeze, you in the Sky with the top down... now isn't that better than @#$$#%^&%%# SATURN &**(&&^%%^&**(Wheres my ))&*^%^& CAR...

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
Actually A forum is a place to exchange ideas and ask questions and get answers, not spread rumors and rant about things you can't control.... That just drives up your blood pressure... and increases your level of stress...and drive you crazy too boot:crazy:
I am just trying to calm your nerves a little... just think each day brings you one day closer to your Beautiful Sky.....:driving:

think beautiful thoughts, a day with puffy white clouds, birds singing, a warm summer breeze, you in the Sky with the top down... now isn't that better than @#$$#%^&%%# SATURN &**(&&^%%^&**(Wheres my ))&*^%^& CAR...
cool as a cucumber. If this is the biggest stressor in your life then you must be retired! :D reading this forum and contributing whether its fact or not is actually my stress relief. exciting ... yes... stressed out.. no, have bigger things to worry about. and as far as not spreading rumors, 95% of whats on here and the solstice forum is hearsay at best. Its good to throw it out there so people can put pieces together and maybe come up with something close to the truth... then again maybe not. I will continue to post whatever I hear and ppl can take it for what they want. I'm not sure I'm the one who needs a :chill:
this isn't an attack on anyone, I just get tired of ppl waisting forum space by telling me to chill it just causes me scroll thru all that to find the real topic of a thread.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
usmc said:
this isn't an attack on anyone, I just get tired of ppl waisting forum space by telling me to chill it just causes me scroll thru all that to find the real topic of a thread.
there is alot less space on this forum wasted asking people to chill than there is wasted with people posting the same old rumors over and over and posting every day that they are number 1 on the list at their dealer and their order is in and still at the same build code... isn't that right?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
not wasting any more time with this. just got home from work and now its catch up on thread time, scroll passed the bickering and soak up all the juicy rumors and scuttlebut.
we just agree to disagree.
and thanks for the PM, it has inspired me.

has anyone heard about the purple 4x4 sky coming out summer 06???
:jester: :jester: :jester:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
usmc said:
not wasting any more time with this. just got home from work and now its catch up on thread time, scroll passed the bickering and soak up all the juicy rumors and scuttlebut.
we just agree to disagree.
and thanks for the PM, it has inspired me.

has anyone heard about the purple 4x4 sky coming out summer 06???
:jester: :jester: :jester:
yep it is going to have the 572 big block in it with 1000HP:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts