Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, here I am, about to make it bigtime at work. Received a call from a client stating that she wanted to refer me to her friends company, right? So I go out to meet with the prospective client today, and on my way, call my referring client and leave her a message saying that I can't wait to take her to lunch afterwards and tell her about how the meeting went. I also mentioned that she should make sure her hair is tied back (hint, hint) cuz I can put the top down!!

So I get to the meeting and my boss's boss is waiting for me in the lobby. See, he's there to see how I "interact" with prospective clients to determine whether I am "worthy" of being at an Executive Level, since I'm about to bring in business and have built up a name for myself.

We go into this beautiful boardroom and meet with the CFO of the company and the secretary. Just as we begin to start discussing the "strategy" of their employee healthcare benefits, the receptionist dude knocks on the glass door, let's himself in and asks, "does anyone in here own a Saturn parked in the front?", and I said, "yes, why"? And he says, that the "Staples" van that was parked next to me, inadvertently backed into the back of my car..... I said, "excuse me?"..... and he said, "yeah, they apparently backed into your car and need to see you downstairs".

Needless to say, my eyes welled up, and apparently I turned white as a ghost and looked like a deer caught in headlights, and said, "you're joking"..... he says, "yeah, Kathy just called and told me to say that, but she confirmed lunch too!"

What do you say about that? Ultimately, I am forever grateful to her for putting her trust in me to not only service her company but in another company that could potentially be a stellar client for my company.

Finally, I did pick her up and we went to lunch, but we went with the top "up"..... I drove back to the office with the top "down" and a smile on my face for bagging a client with no efforts...

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
So, here I am, about to make it bigtime at work. Received a call from a client stating that she wanted to refer me to her friends company, right? So I go out to meet with the prospective client today, and on my way, call my referring client and leave her a message saying that I can't wait to take her to lunch afterwards and tell her about how the meeting went. I also mentioned that she should make sure her hair is tied back (hint, hint) cuz I can put the top down!!

So I get to the meeting and my boss's boss is waiting for me in the lobby. See, he's there to see how I "interact" with prospective clients to determine whether I am "worthy" of being at an Executive Level, since I'm about to bring in business and have built up a name for myself.

We go into this beautiful boardroom and meet with the CFO of the company and the secretary. Just as we begin to start discussing the "strategy" of their employee healthcare benefits, the receptionist dude knocks on the glass door, let's himself in and asks, "does anyone in here own a Saturn parked in the front?", and I said, "yes, why"? And he says, that the "Staples" van that was parked next to me, inadvertently backed into the back of my car..... I said, "excuse me?"..... and he said, "yeah, they apparently backed into your car and need to see you downstairs".

Needless to say, my eyes welled up, and apparently I turned white as a ghost and looked like a deer caught in headlights, and said, "you're joking"..... he says, "yeah, Kathy just called and told me to say that, but she confirmed lunch too!"

What do you say about that? Ultimately, I am forever grateful to her for putting her trust in me to not only service her company but in another company that could potentially be a stellar client for my company.

Finally, I did pick her up and we went to lunch, but we went with the top "up"..... I drove back to the office with the top "down" and a smile on my face for bagging a client with no efforts...
You go, girl. Congratulations! Landing a client is a big deal. High Fives! :cheers:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Nice reference!

Using Doozie... A reference to the Duisenberg -- another automotive classic!:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Angelqute1 said:

:eek: Oh many that is just plain mean.:nono: I sure hope your "friend" paid for lunch and you go the most expensive thing on the menu!:lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts