Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. 1st heard about the Sky last September ... and was blown away:thumbs:
2. Went into the "local" dealer in November and chatted ... asked "what will the price be?" Was told "we don't know right now ... will know later". I asked "will you hold true to the core Saturn principle of 'No haggle Pricing' ?"
Was told "Of course!" ... I DID NOT ASK "WILL YOU SELL IT AT MSRP"? I ASSUMED MY "NO HAGGLE PRICING" QUESTION COVERED THAT ISSUE!
3. I put down my $500 deposit and was told I became number 24 on the list ... and the waiting began!
4. Checked back with the salesman about every other week to see what was going on ...
5. Joined this forum in November ... you all have been very helpful
6. Saw the 'MSRP' info on January 3
7. Forum members start reporting their dealer will charge significant mark-ups
8. I get worried
9. I send a email to my dealer asking if "anything is going on" ... and expressing my satisfaction that at least MY DEALER was holding to the long stated Saturn Principle of 'No Haggle Pricing' and would be charging MSRP.
10. Within the hour I got a reply saying ..."I'm sorry if you mis-understood ... but we will be following the "No Haggle Pricing" rule ... and that means EVERYBODY WILL PAY THE SAME PRICE >>> AND THAT WILL BE $5000 OVER MSRP!!!:mad:
11. In our area there are ~ 8 or 9 Saturn showrooms ... ownded by 3 different companies. I checked with the others and got the same story ... everyone is applying a significant mark-up
12. I call a dealer in a much smaller city about 2 hours away. I talked to both a salesman and the sales manager ... they 'don't have a 'waiting list' ... because their owner decided to not treat people that way ... when he can start taking orders it will be "first come first served" ... but if anyone insists to be first in line he will take a $5k deposit.
13. So I got my $500 back from the local dealer ... and will be driving to the 'rural' dealer Saturday with my $5k (I've been blessed ... and that amount is not at issue at this point in my life)
14. The Sales manager tells me he will order my SKY (Silver Pearl, Black/Black Leather/LSD/Auto) with his second available IMAGE ... someone else put his $5k and wants a manual
15. I'll get everything in writing ... no more than MSRP ... equiped the way I want ... if the vehicle is not ordered by April the deal is off and deposit refunded ...

Any other suggestions???:confused:

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
bubbacc said:
1. 1st heard about the Sky last September ... and was blown away:thumbs:
2. Went into the "local" dealer in November and chatted ... asked "what will the price be?" Was told "we don't know right now ... will know later". I asked "will you hold true to the core Saturn principle of 'No haggle Pricing' ?"
Was told "Of course!" ... I DID NOT ASK "WILL YOU SELL IT AT MSRP"? I ASSUMED MY "NO HAGGLE PRICING" QUESTION COVERED THAT ISSUE!
3. I put down my $500 deposit and was told I became number 24 on the list ... and the waiting began!
4. Checked back with the salesman about every other week to see what was going on ...
5. Joined this forum in November ... you all have been very helpful
6. Saw the 'MSRP' info on January 3
7. Forum members start reporting their dealer will charge significant mark-ups
8. I get worried
9. I send a email to my dealer asking if "anything is going on" ... and expressing my satisfaction that at least MY DEALER was holding to the long stated Saturn Principle of 'No Haggle Pricing' and would be charging MSRP.
10. Within the hour I got a reply saying ..."I'm sorry if you mis-understood ... but we will be following the "No Haggle Pricing" rule ... and that means EVERYBODY WILL PAY THE SAME PRICE >>> AND THAT WILL BE $5000 OVER MSRP!!!:mad:
11. In our area there are ~ 8 or 9 Saturn showrooms ... ownded by 3 different companies. I checked with the others and got the same story ... everyone is applying a significant mark-up
12. I call a dealer in a much smaller city about 2 hours away. I talked to both a salesman and the sales manager ... they 'don't have a 'waiting list' ... because their owner decided to not treat people that way ... when he can start taking orders it will be "first come first served" ... but if anyone insists to be first in line he will take a $5k deposit.
13. So I got my $500 back from the local dealer ... and will be driving to the 'rural' dealer Saturday with my $5k (I've been blessed ... and that amount is not at issue at this point in my life)
14. The Sales manager tells me he will order my SKY (Silver Pearl, Black/Black Leather/LSD/Auto) with his second available IMAGE ... someone else put his $5k and wants a manual
15. I'll get everything in writing ... no more than MSRP ... equiped the way I want ... if the vehicle is not ordered by April the deal is off and deposit refunded ...

Any other suggestions???:confused:

Thanks!
I am glad you learned what No haggle pricing meant... if you have read some of my posts I described just what you said they did, no haggle means the price they set is what you will pay... no haggleing.... even if it is more than msrp... I have been saying on here since I joined to get it in writing from your sales manager and salesman...

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
bubbacc said:
... In our area there are ~ 8 or 9 Saturn showrooms ... ownded by 3 different companies. I checked with the others and got the same story ... everyone is applying a significant mark-up ...
Do you mind me asking what area are you in?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
...I'll PM you

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
why not post it here? If that msrp thing happens to me I'll be letting everyone I know who it is that screwedme.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
bubbacc said:
11. In our area there are ~ 8 or 9 Saturn showrooms ... ownded by 3 different companies. I checked with the others and got the same story ... everyone is applying a significant mark-up ...
Call your local better business bureau and talk to them - tell them you suspect several dealerships are colluding on price and attempting to "price fix" cars...

...AFTER you've got your MSRP car in writing, that is...

·
Registered
148 Posts
KappaMan said:
Call your local better business bureau and talk to them - tell them you suspect several dealerships are colluding on price and attempting to "price fix" cars...

...AFTER you've got your MSRP car in writing, that is...
I feel like the biggest dumb in world.... but what exactly means

M. S. R. P.

and does anyone know how much is the Sky in canada at MSRP?

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Snowy_Beast said:
I feel like the biggest dumb in world.... but what exactly means

M. S. R. P.
:eek: Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price.

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
It could also mean...

Make Sure you pay a Reasonable Price
Mean Salespeople Require Premiums
Many Skys will sell Regardless of Price

The thought of paying over MSRP from a SATURN dealer is absurd.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Sky Dealer said:
:eek: Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price.

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:
and does anyone know what's the Canadian MSRP

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
No Cdn Pricing yet

1 - 11 of 11 Posts