Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold the offshore Fountain and wanted to get back to playing around the house with the high speed toys so bought a bass boat , had to order the motors and todays the first day on the water so we're excite.
04 Triton TR21x with a 04 Yamaha 250vmax.. 8 inch set back on the jack plate. 2.25 inches to pad.. (has to do with speed) and she hit 73 at the marina where we installed the motor.
Added a elite 5 on the nose, elite 7 on the dash, and a vhf radio for around here on the sound.
Took three days to compound her out and put the BING to her but had fun , off on vacation so thats what us YOUNG kids do while we're not making any money.
Matched the sky right well I think and the rest of the toys so here some photos of the new, get up and go bass boat that replaced the offshore adventure. :)

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
NICE!!! Beautiful rig :cool: Have fun! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
2 of the happiest days of my life, the first was when I bought a 24 foot Marathon cabin cruiser, the second time, and even made me more happy, was when I sold it..:D BTW, nice rig liveaboard..

·
Registered
746 Posts
Hey I've seen pictures of this boat somewhere else (oh yea the kappa facebook page :) ) I like it!!

·
Premium Member
2,206 Posts
Very nice,
LLLFLY

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hey I've seen pictures of this boat somewhere else (oh yea the kappa facebook page :) ) I like it!!
Something I didn't catch when I started bidding on the boat on e bay was who had owned it.
Seen the bass professor on the side of it on the e bay page and I have my own style of doing things but thought that was about half cocked to adv. your that good of a fishing person and that name was tied to Doug Hannon out of Fla. Had his own show and still holds records in the fishing world.
LIttle story behind the boat. Doug Hannon passed last year... Way to soon in life to but before he got sick he sold this boat. Someone stole it after being sold and stripped everything off of it. Guy in TN ended up with it like you see in that photo that sells auction boats and I bought it from him.
Not till I got it home and you know how you can see where someone has taken the stickers or letter off and its a little brighter under it? IT was his boat. Make some phone calls, and e mails and got several folks to run the vin on the boat but where the www. adv was on the front that was taken off I already knew it was his. Triton had given this boat to him.
Not important in the car world but if your a bass fishing person its kinda like owning Elvis's car.. LOL
I took the names off the side of the boat and the compounding I did for two full days. :eek: got the difference out and the new shine back.
Having fun fixing it up and went fishing on it yesterday for the first time. Everything checked out perfect so have a few more toys headed this way (UPS) and should be finished with them in less than two weeks.
Just a fun summer toy.. :cheers:
Triton sent me some photos of Doug on the boat. Thats him fishing..

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
:lol::lol::lol:
Funny I have thought about that many times offshore fishing.. Moving back to fresh water thats one issue behind me.......
Getting right protective of my old ass here lately. :lol:
NOT necessarily so, we have gators and crocs down here.. They have even found piranhas down here, also anacondas, BIG suckers..:eek::cheers: I guess up where you are at you do not have those worries..:skep:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts